Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Shopping, polo long sleeves, where??

Shopping, polo long sleeves, where??

Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all
Default Shopping, polo long sleeves, where??

I`ll visit Pattaya and possibly BKK next week, I would like to come home with some long sleeved polos and I remember looking for them three years ago when I was there last time but never found any, asked about two million stalls for them... is there a mall, shop, or stall where they do sell long sleeved polos or I should just give up this time?
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:12 am
CM, LoS

wolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Shopping, polo long sleeves, where??

I get them up here in Chiang Mai with no problems - Thais often prefer long sleves to keep the sun off - try the shopping malls - or super markets (Big C / Lotus Tesco).
Old Jan 20th 2013, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

I think there's a big difference in temperature between ChiangMai and Pattaya, I definitely remember looking into BigC Tesco and even Carrefour, I did find jumpers and shirts long sleeves but always got funny looks when specifically asking for polos. They are all envious of my brightly coloured polos at home (most of them lacoste and ralph lauren knockoffs I must say), it's just a shame I don't have any with long sleeves..
Old Jan 20th 2013, 10:17 am
CM, LoS

wolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud of

You could always have them made for you - plenty of Indian tailors here that knock out anything you can show them for a few quid. Check before you pay though!
Old Jan 20th 2013, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

I tried that too, my brother had some shirts made and they turned out great, some trousers as well, genuinely nice and reasonably priced, my polo though turned out 5h|t, maybe I should go there with a sample..
Old Jan 25th 2013, 9:10 am
CM, LoS

Originally Posted by ameliapond
I tried that too, my brother had some shirts made and they turned out great, some trousers as well, genuinely nice and reasonably priced, my polo though turned out 5h|t, maybe I should go there with a sample..
Or take a trip up to CM and get one of the peg
Old Jan 26th 2013, 6:15 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

try Pratunam market in BKK . you can get most things there.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:11 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

There used to be a place near Suk soi 7 in Bangkok.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Bangkok is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
try Pratunam market in BKK . you can get most things there.
Yep plenty of clothing available in the Indra Sq - Pratunam - also check out the street food - best in the world! Aroi Maak maak !!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 9:05 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

I stayed in the Baiyoke last time I was in BKK so in that area . Lot of shopping to be done . got some great socks with funny pictures on .
Can't vouch for the street food because I try not to eat it . Went to a restaurant and had the worse Thai meal ever I think . Tom Ka that was horrible . Did get some good durian though on the street though.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

i miss the thai food terribly aready....
Old Feb 10th 2013, 5:12 pm

I'm lucky . My wife is a trained chef , so wherever we go the good food goes too .

I did lose a bit of weight when I was on my own in Saudi waiting for her visa to come through as it goes !!
Old Feb 10th 2013, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

My wife is still in Thailand....I will try to bring her and our boy to Cyprus after Songkran..But I will still be in Libya...anyway...
Old Feb 11th 2013, 1:41 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debowing
i miss the thai food terribly aready....
Must get some fab food in Nicosia though..... Kleftiko, Dolmades, Afelia.....ooooh yes please
Old Feb 14th 2013, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
.....got some great socks with funny pictures on....
Those socks with the funny pics are great...........................if you're 10 years old.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.