Reload this Page >

Retirement visa : address in Thailand

Retirement visa : address in Thailand

Old Mar 25th 2018, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Dharma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retirement visa : address in Thailand

Hi there!
Q: do I need to have an official address (proven by an electricity bill in my name for example), when applying for the Non-Immigrant (3 months) Visa and then the One-year Retirement Visa ? (I have all the other requirements for such visas: age, money, etc.). THANKS !
Old Mar 26th 2018, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retirement visa : address in Thailand

Originally Posted by Dharma
Hi there!
Q: do I need to have an official address (proven by an electricity bill in my name for example), when applying for the Non-Immigrant (3 months) Visa and then the One-year Retirement Visa ? (I have all the other requirements for such visas: age, money, etc.). THANKS !
Not for the non-imm. For ext. based on retirement (there is no retirement visa) you need a lease of your apt., house or whatever. They may ask or not.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 9:17 am
Banned

Mathieularoche is an unknown quantity at this point

Even for the non-imm visa, you need to prove you booked something for the time you'll stay there, if I'm not wrong ... Like a hotel reservation, airbnb or whatever ! You should verify, in order to avoid troubles
Old Mar 26th 2018, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
Not for the non-imm. For ext. based on retirement (there is no retirement visa) you need a lease of your apt., house or whatever. They may ask or not.
Thank you ! This is very helpful!
Old Mar 26th 2018, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mathieularoche
Even for the non-imm visa, you need to prove you booked something for the time you'll stay there, if I'm not wrong ... Like a hotel reservation, airbnb or whatever ! You should verify, in order to avoid troubles
It seems that there are various experiences about that.... I can imagine that it depends on where (in which branch of the Emigration) one fills the forms..🤔🙄. Thank you for the info !
Old Mar 26th 2018, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that there are various experiences about that.... I can imagine that it depends on where (in which branch of the Emigration) one fills the forms..🤔🙄. Thank you for the info !
Non-imm O doesn't come from immigration but from a Royal Thai Consulate/ Embassy. There you need to give address of hotel or whatever. I assume you apply before you arrive in Thailand.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
Non-imm O doesn't come from immigration but from a Royal Thai Consulate/ Embassy. There you need to give address of hotel or whatever. I assume you apply before you arrive in Thailand.
Thank you !
I actually plan to :
1. Enter on a "30-day permission to stay", then
2. Apply for a 3 months non-immigrant visa, then
3. Extend for one year
I have a Swiss passport and it seems it is possible this way.
Unless the rules have changed, which is always possible... 🤔
Old Mar 28th 2018, 7:23 am
Banned

Mathieularoche is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't you apply before arriving? It would allow you to save some valuable time
Old Mar 28th 2018, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mathieularoche
Why don't you apply before arriving? It would allow you to save some valuable time
It seems that I would have to apply in my native country (Switzerland), but currently I live in India. ;-)
Old Mar 29th 2018, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

It seems that I would have to apply in my native country (Switzerland), but currently I live in India. ;-)
If you can proof residence in India you can apply in India. Otherwise in your home country.