Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for family hotel in Phuket

Recommendations for family hotel in Phuket

Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:41 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendations for family hotel in Phuket

Originally Posted by uk_vette
Definatly got no time for any Buddah, or any religious stuff, all just leads to trouble.

'vette
I'm no expert on these things, but I think technically it's a philosophy rather than a religion, isn't it.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 3:07 am

Gemma setter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bakedbean
I'm no expert on these things, but I think technically it's a philosophy rather than a religion, isn't it.
(Pali/Sanskrit: बौद्ध धर्म Buddha Dharma) is a religion and philosophy encompassing a variety of traditions, beliefs and practices,
so there you have it.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

uk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gemma setter
(Pali/Sanskrit: बौद्ध धर्म Buddha Dharma) is a religion and philosophy encompassing a variety of traditions, beliefs and practices,
so there you have it.
You make it sound like it's a 'one for all medication' fix every thing.

'vette
Old Jan 12th 2011, 3:48 am

'vette
Have you thought that perhaps it is just that?
Old Jan 12th 2011, 4:13 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

'vette
Walk the " middle way "
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Walk the " middle way "
This thread should re-open as a discussion of Buddhism;
it has nothing now to do with the original post
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:01 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Jai yen yen !! just go with the flow of the thread !
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:43 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha. Kop khun kaaaah Nonthaburi but on the other hand, you guys could start a new thread about Buddhism on here. How about it guys?

I'm not sure I have the power to split threads. In theory, I am able to move threads as a Concierge, but it did start out as info on hotels in Phuket and, in any case, I haven't tried moving threads yet and will probably cock it up
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

I agree - it is so annoying to get an email alert that someone has added to the thread that I am intereted in, only to find that the the original topic has now changed to Buddhism.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by sassie
I agree - it is so annoying to get an email alert that someone has added to the thread that I am intereted in, only to find that the the original topic has now changed to Buddhism.
I don't know. I sort of like that. You start off with one thing and then you end up with something else. See where it goes.

I used to get e-mail alerts but for some reason they've stopped now, don't know why.

Also, you posting this is a continuation of an off-topic post so just by doing this you're guilty as well now !!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 4:40 am

Ha ha. Kop khun kaaaah Nonthaburi but on the other hand, you guys could start a new thread about Buddhism on here. How about it guys?

I'm not sure I have the power to split threads. In theory, I am able to move threads as a Concierge, but it did start out as info on hotels in Phuket and, in any case, I haven't tried moving threads yet and will probably cock it up
Not sure that I would be the best person to start a thread on Buddhism. I kind of sit on the fence with religion. If God exists then that's great and if s/he doesn't then there isn't much we can do about it anyway.

My wife on the other hand is highly religious and I could quite happily start a thread about what I percieve the benefits of Buddhism to be. I just wish more Thais were actually Buddhist by action rather than birth. In the same way that I come from a Christian country, how many people actually actively go to church and follow the teachings of the bible.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 1:50 am

Right you lot, I'm going to start a Buddhism thread... anyone who want to talk about Buddhism, please join in

Now... what about family hotels... I can't remember what I've said before but anyone thought about the All Seasons hotel in Nai Harn. Lovely beach there, no main roads to cross, a few restaurants in the village, seafood eateries at back of the beach near the casuarina trees, nice lake/lagoon just a short walk inland from the beach..... faces south-west so gets the full brunt of the south-west monsoon in the summer. But the winters are gorgeous.

And what about the Friendship Beach in Rawai/Chalong Bay? Faces the other way south-east/east. The sea on that side no good for swimming, but Friendship Beach has a nice swimming pool, and the views are just stunning from there.

Any more ideas folks?
Old Jan 14th 2011, 2:14 am

Right you lot, I'm going to start a Buddhism thread... anyone who want to talk about Buddhism, please join in

Now... what about family hotels... I can't remember what I've said before but anyone thought about the All Seasons hotel in Nai Harn. Lovely beach there, no main roads to cross, a few restaurants in the village, seafood eateries at back of the beach near the casuarina trees, nice lake/lagoon just a short walk inland from the beach..... faces south-west so gets the full brunt of the south-west monsoon in the summer. But the winters are gorgeous.

And what about the Friendship Beach in Rawai/Chalong Bay? Faces the other way south-east/east. The sea on that side no good for swimming, but Friendship Beach has a nice swimming pool, and the views are just stunning from there.

Any more ideas folks?
Friendship Beach is good for eating, excellent not all Thai fare,but can't sea swim,although pool is good; mainly for families,usually lots of young.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:46 am

Yup, is the American chef still there? Can't remember his name. His steaks were wonderful, though a bit expensive by Phuket standards. The Thai food was just okay I guess. Also used to love the Tuna Melt for lunch, but not much good for the waistline unfortunately

I think it's just a nice spot to sit and enjoy the views.

Yes, mainly for families... but that was the Topic header anyhow.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 9:06 am

Yup, is the American chef still there? Can't remember his name. His steaks were wonderful, though a bit expensive by Phuket standards. The Thai food was just okay I guess. Also used to love the Tuna Melt for lunch, but not much good for the waistline unfortunately

I think it's just a nice spot to sit and enjoy the views.

Yes, mainly for families... but that was the Topic header anyhow.
American chef/owner as we understood it; his homemade soups are always good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.