Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Quick couple of questions about Sri rachi & pattaya

Quick couple of questions about Sri rachi & pattaya

Old Feb 18th 2013, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quick couple of questions about Sri rachi & pattaya

Thanks for taking the time to read. A bolt out of the blue last night involves a possible job in Sri rachi for 3 years. Have lived around a little but have never been to Thailand so it's a knowledge black hole and wonder if someone can answer the following

My wife (English) has holidayed in Thailand and likes the place but wonders if there is an English/Zimbabwean/ expat wives community with small kids with which to socialize Initially until we integrate into the wider expat life?

My wife has hooked onto the Regents school already for the kids so I need to think of a gated type community within travel distance to Sri rachi but school run distance to the regent school so I can figure out housing costs. No idea on commute times hence asking for advice. Package should be reasonable enough to cover upper mid type 3 or 4 bedroomed villa

Any idea on costs of a daily house maid ?

I will be traveling a lot so commute time to airport from Sri rachi also handy

Early days but having some background info from you guys on the ground would help

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 19th 2013, 7:42 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick couple of questions about Sri rachi & pattaya

I'm a bit confused , but were you intending to live in Pattaya and commute ?

You mean the Regent's school in Pattaya right ? If you're in Pattaya there a probably people from everywhere so I wouldn't be worrying about limiting yourself to people from specific countries . Pattaya is very mixed .

Maid is negotiable but I would have thought 5000 a month should do it depending on how long they stay for.

Airport should only take you an hour , hour and a half depending on traffic.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
I'm a bit confused , but were you intending to live in Pattaya and commute ?

You mean the Regent's school in Pattaya right ? If you're in Pattaya there a probably people from everywhere so I wouldn't be worrying about limiting yourself to people from specific countries . Pattaya is very mixed .

Maid is negotiable but I would have thought 5000 a month should do it depending on how long they stay for.

Airport should only take you an hour , hour and a half depending on traffic.
Probably my fault for not being clear but it was all a bit of a rush yesterday.

So the job is in Sri rachi but the previous incumbent lived in pattaya and commuted I don't know either of the places so have no idea on the pros and cons other than that there is loads of property to rent in pattaya and not so much in Sri rachi.
My wife cares about a british corriculum school for the boys and good hospitals so she latched onto the regent in pattaya

Whilst we have friends from all over the world that we have met on our travels We have found it is usually quicker in the first off to meet some from your own country first though I am sure many will fail to agree

This is a 3 year posting which we want to make as easy and enjoyable as possible. I have no desire to trade in wife no3 on a younger model Thai variant so the joys of party central pattaya are not on the list of must haves and probably best avoided given my age, waistline and hair growth. . A nice villa in a quiet compound within commtable distance of Sri rachi, the airport and the regents school are key for us should the position come off

Thanks for the advice about maids wages
Old Feb 19th 2013, 4:53 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Think it's only about 30 km or so from Pattaya to Sri Racha so not too far and not much traffic . You'll have loads of options for renting somewhere . go for to the North of Pattaya as this is the same side as Sri Racha .