Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

a question about khiri khan, Thailand

a question about khiri khan, Thailand

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

lost in spain will become famous soon enough
Default a question about khiri khan, Thailand

I dont know if any one can help me here. I have an address of a friend, given over a crackling phone line, have I got it right, any body know? Its the heights one, hua hin, and this is the bit that confuses me, nong blug road, hua hin, prachuap khiri khan. I have done a search on it and to my untutored ears nong blug just doesnt sound right. It sounds welsh! Can anyone enlighten me, is it nong blug, nong bluy, nong ploy...Would be most greatful for any info, thankyou.....
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 5:05 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: a question about khiri khan, Thailand

Cannot help you but you might consider putting a posting on Thaivisa forum - just do a google to find it. Within the forum it's broken down into regions so you should be able to find someone locally in Hua Hin. Good luck.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 5:12 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Try this link to Hua Hin section -

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showforum=34
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:33 am
Just Joined

rjay is just really nicerjay is just really nicerjay is just really nicerjay is just really nicerjay is just really nicerjay is just really nicerjay is just really nicerjay is just really nice

Prachuap Khiri Khan, which is the next major town travelling south from Hua Hin. It is the major town and also the district/county (Chang Wat) within which Hua Hin is located/addressed. So your friend will most likely live in or close to Hua Hin.

There are many small villages in Thailand with the same or similar sounding names. If you were planning to meet up with a friend who lives there, it would be best to head for Hua Hin and stay over at a hotel there and let your friend find/meet you there.

Nong ---- sounds quite correct for a Thai name. It can mean a lake or a younger brother or sister, depending on pronunciation.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Old Oct 26th 2007, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

lost in spain will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your help I will check out Thai Visa and have a look there,