poi pet border hop

Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:56 am
Just Joined

nigeldeo is just really nicenigeldeo is just really nicenigeldeo is just really nicenigeldeo is just really nicenigeldeo is just really nicenigeldeo is just really nicenigeldeo is just really nicenigeldeo is just really nice
Default poi pet border hop

hi im due for a border hop before 26th april
i live at lumphini ville nonthaburi next to tescos and The Mall
Any advice?
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:34 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: poi pet border hop

Crikey, I've no idea what the rules are these days. I used to be on the yearly retirement visa in Thailand but I've now left for southern parts. I never did understand all the visa hop info as it used to change so much.

There's a guy on this forum called Nonthaburi (no less), heh heh. Maybe he's a neighbour. Maybe he'll be along soon.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 9:34 am
Just Joined

nigeldeo is just really nicenigeldeo is just really nicenigeldeo is just really nicenigeldeo is just really nicenigeldeo is just really nicenigeldeo is just really nicenigeldeo is just really nicenigeldeo is just really nice

thanks for the help ive sent him a message
Old Feb 10th 2011, 1:43 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

okey dokey
Old Feb 14th 2011, 6:51 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nigeldeo
hi im due for a border hop before 26th april
i live at lumphini ville nonthaburi next to tescos and The Mall
Any advice?
Hi Nigel,
so you're going to Poipet / Cambodia are you ? Are you just going on a border crossing or do you have to apply for a new Thai visa whilst you are in Cambodia ?
If it's just for a border crossing there are a couple of ways of doing it. The first ( and easier seeing how you're new here ) one is to go on a visa run bus. If you look in the adverts section of the Bangkok post there will be adverts for trips there with a list of prices for various services. I think there is a company called " Jack Golf " that is supposed to be okay. Buses leave about five or six in the morning from Onnut which is at the end of the Sukhimvit line of the skytrain.
The other way is to go yourself. You will need to get a bus to Aranyapratet from Ekkamai bus station on Sukumvit and work your way top the border when you get off the bus. It's pretty easy but if you haven't been before it's probably best to go with a tour.
Try to get your Cambodian visa before you go from the Cambodian embassy in BKK. It is a lot cheaper here than at the border. 20$ in BKK or 1000 baht up at the border ( they won't accept dollars ). The embassy is at a new location on a road that turns in to Ramkhamheang 39 off Ratchadapisek road. About twenty minutes in a taxi form where you live.You can do it in a day, in fact last time I was there in October it took twenty minutes to get the visas for me and my family. None of this come back in two days that the Thai embassies seem to love so much.
If you are actually having to apply for a new Thai visa then I would suggest going to Laos as there is a lot more to do in Vientiene for a couple of days than Poipet.
Always cross a border yourself and watch out for the little kids begging and touts. They can get a bit annoying.
PM me if you want more info ..........