place to stay

Old Feb 28th 2015, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

stevetaylor21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default place to stay

Hey I think the tourist visa is max 60 or 90 days I forget. I was wondering what route i should take to rent somewhere for the max visa time, call it 2 months. Is there a good way of renting a one bed condo off an expat or something, basically something at fair price cheaper that paying 1kGBP per week on a proper holiday letting..?

Aso, is it a big deal if on a tourist visa i stayed 90 days if the limit is 60 for example?!

Any information would be great
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 3:47 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: place to stay

Tourist visa is 60 days extendable for another 30 at any immigration office. As for the lettings, try a quick search on Bangkok short term lets or something like that. Alternatively, spend a few days looking around on arrival and you'll find something very easily, just make sure you have cash for a deposit as well.
Thaiapartment.com ยป Apartment Short Term Rental
thailand sublets & temporary - craigslist
Old Mar 21st 2015, 4:43 am
Just Joined

Sometimewoodworker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: place to stay

Originally Posted by stevetaylor21
Hey I think the tourist visa is max 60 or 90 days I forget. I was wondering what route i should take to rent somewhere for the max visa time, call it 2 months. Is there a good way of renting a one bed condo off an expat or something, basically something at fair price cheaper that paying 1kGBP per week on a proper holiday letting..?

Aso, is it a big deal if on a tourist visa i stayed 90 days if the limit is 60 for example?!

Any information would be great
If you get a double entry tourist visa you can manage to stay for about 6 months total by, as nothaburi said, extending each entry for 30 days. You will need to do 1 hop to a neighbouring country to activate the second entry before the expiry date of the visa.