Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Phuket to Pattaya or vice-versa

Phuket to Pattaya or vice-versa

Old Nov 14th 2013, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Phuket to Pattaya or vice-versa

I'm flying Hong Kong back to Perth via Thailand and was wondering what would be the best and most efficient route to minimise flight times and costs - Phuket first then Pattaya or vice-versa?
And how does one get to Pattaya is it via Bangkok?
Old Nov 14th 2013, 5:33 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phuket to Pattaya or vice-versa

Are you flying in and out of Bangkok ,or flying into Bangkok and leaving via Phuket / Singapore / Oz or something like that ?
If it's the former than it won't really make much difference . Flight to Phuket and back and then taxi to Pattaya and back .
If it's the latter then you would be better off doing the Pattaya leg first , that way you only have a one way journey down to Phuket on your way out .
You can kind of go round the bottom of Bangkok without going into Bangkok between the two if you're driving yourself but I'm presuming you won't be so that's probably ruled out .
Old Nov 14th 2013, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Flights are non-stop hkg to hkt so I thought I would start that way. Are you suggesting taxi hkt to pattaya?
Old Nov 14th 2013, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry, just re-read your post and you meant taxi bkk to pattaya. How long and roughly how much is that?
Old Nov 15th 2013, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

The taxi fare from BKK Int'l Airport (Suwannabhumi) to Pattaya is around 1,000 - 1,200 baht during the low season and it takes 1.5-2 hours. In case of the high season like this month until the end of January, the fare might go up to 1,500 baht; just try to negotiate with the driver then. There is also a coach from the Airport to Pattaya which costs you roughly 150-180 baht. It will stop at the Pattaya bus station; see Google Map/Earth. The Phuket Airport is extremely busy at the moment and they are expanding the airport for both the building and the runway. Enjoy your holiday again in Thailand!
Old Nov 15th 2013, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks I'll see how I go with time.