Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East and Asia / Thailand

Old Jan 12th 2018, 2:52 pm   #16
Davita Male
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money transfers to Thailand from HSBC (UK) - slower and error

Very simple Atilla ...if not content with any bank.... why not cancel and open another.
I'm happy to have introduced you to TransferWise anyway and hope that works for you.

Last edited by Davita; Jan 12th 2018 at 3:54 pm.
Davita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th 2018, 12:17 am   #17
Atilla Male
BE Enthusiast

Atilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really nice
Default Re: Money transfers to Thailand from HSBC (UK) - slower and error

Ridiculous and totally useless comment.

Vey simple Davita. This is a discussion forum and it is useful to bring information such as this recent development to the attention of others. You have clearly, judging by some of your responses, failed to comprehend some of the points being made, the point about there being no charges for transfers between HSBC accounts being a prime example. At no stage was that ever under discussion.

I certainly don't need you or anyone else to point out the blatantly obvious "if not content with any bank.... why not cancel and open another. ", a puerile response that smacks more of temper tantrums than anything. If banks are changing procedures that are adversely affecting customers, especially financially, they can and should expect to be challenged about it, if you would choose to bury your head in the sand and merely walk away, or advise others to do so, rather than a) informing others about the issue or b) attempt to do something about it, matter for you.

And again, thanks for reminding me about Transferwise, a company I'd looked at previously along with Xendpay.

Last edited by Atilla; Jan 13th 2018 at 12:19 am.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East and Asia / Thailand