Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

I'm in phuket and looking to stay

I'm in phuket and looking to stay

Old Mar 5th 2014, 9:35 am
Just Joined

beach life wanted is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm in phuket and looking to stay

I want to rent a place for six months.close tto a nice beach busy but not four rows of umbrellas busy.I have enough to pay it all up front .any suggestions of where to be...I'm looking for at least a three bedrooms.within 10 mins of beach ... thanks
Old Mar 5th 2014, 12:43 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm in phuket and looking to stay

Well there's plenty of beaches. Depends how tacky or nice you want I suppose. We used to live near Nai Harn beach. That's quite nice, very picturesque, not so tacky but some eateries and bars within staggering distance, and a few shops and banks in the village.

Rawai also down in the South is quite nice and established fishermans beach....mmmm wouldn't get too many sun umbrellas along there. The beach itself not as nice as Nai Harn but quite a lively town.

If you want somewhere more remote, the North East of the island around Ao Po marina is real nice and close to The scenery of Phang Na bay and hardly a Bar to be found. Maybe not busy enough for you.

Why don't you go to one of the larger Property agents like Siam Real estate (there are others) and give them a rough idea and they'll probably give you a tour around.

Oh...and welcome to the forum :-)
Old Mar 6th 2014, 7:45 am
Just Joined

beach life wanted is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you I'm taking a day tour round tomorrow to get a better idea then will chat with realtors
Old Mar 6th 2014, 7:47 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Have fun Let us know what you think and post on here. It might help some others in the future.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

HannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant future

I'm going to visit in May/June and will be staying around Karon Beach, wanted somewhere that wasn't too hectic, but will most likely be making trips to Phang Nga, but from description to me, Karon beach was perfect, a good amount of bars/restaurants
Old Mar 10th 2014, 1:25 pm

Take care and take note of red flags on the beach there. May is start of the south west monsoon and you get dangerous undercurrents there. Quite a lot of drownings, mainly tourists who don't take the red flags seriously.

Karon is quite a busy place.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

HannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant future

Yes, unfortunately I know it's the start of monsoon season, probably won't be in Phuket till the very end of May start of June, hoping that from previous experiences the rain will only fall for 2-3 hours a day in the late afternoon and the rest of the day will be sunny (hopefully). Karon is still busy enough - which I wanted but on a much smaller scale to Patong.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 1:18 pm

Err no...when I was living there, it would typically be 3 or 4 days rain, then 3 or 4 days dry. Nice and windy though, but some scarey seas.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

will just have to see then when I go what the weathers like, can't be perfect for everyone!
Old Mar 19th 2014, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beach life wanted
I want to rent a place for six months.close tto a nice beach busy but not four rows of umbrellas busy.I have enough to pay it all up front .any suggestions of where to be...I'm looking for at least a three bedrooms.within 10 mins of beach ... thanks
Don't think paying 6 months up front would be something I'd commit to.
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 5:43 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with that. One month up front and a couple of months deposit should do it.