Reload this Page >

Getting work permit/ police caution

Getting work permit/ police caution

Old Mar 23rd 2013, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

onewallflower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting work permit/ police caution

Hi,

I got offered a tefl job in thailand and have to get a ACPO certificate. im worried it would show a police caution from 6 years ago. I haven't mentioned anything to the school but i am worried that the caution could jeorpardise my chances in working over in thailand.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 4:35 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting work permit/ police caution

Don't know if that will show or not but if it does and you can't get that job , just get another job instead . Loads of work in Thailand . How much was the salary at the school ?
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

onewallflower is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, it's for about £500 a month in uk, can't remember what is that in bhats. tempted to just fly over there anyways and look for work.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 4:10 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

That's less then 25,000 a month which is peanuts . Forget about that job . Them asking for all this stuff when they are paying such low wages is a joke . It's not like it's going to be a top school . Get over to Thailand and look for something yourself . I don't know about your qualifications etc but I would not settle for lees than 40k a month really for TEFL - minimum . You can also get extra work at language schools as well if you put yourself about a bit . Try ajarn.com to see the jobs out there or daveseslcafe .com .

Seriously , forget about that job !!
Old Apr 7th 2013, 10:28 am
CM, LoS

wolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud of

I am pretty sure on criminal records that carry sentences (whether served or not) show on the report - cautions don't, nor do fines, driving penalties etc - the point is to weed out criminals not people that were once young and noisy.

500 quid is currently about 22k baht. Not a prime job (especially for OS recruitment) - get a school job when you get here and (assuming you have the relevant qualifications) you should land 40k+ fairly easily.

Last edited by wolf5370; Apr 7th 2013 at 10:31 am.