Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

A disgrace from a nonentity

A disgrace from a nonentity

Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

John Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A disgrace from a nonentity

(SNIP)

Such a dangerous assertion should be supported by facts.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Oct 21st 2011 at 9:14 am. Reason: Quote of previous removed post removed. Sorry, I know this makes your post look strange :-)
Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:05 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John Speed
Such a dangerous assertion should be supported by facts.
Facts like those in the "The King Never Smiles" for instance?

Oh you won't have read this though because you aren't allowed.

(I will delete my post though - I don't want to get BE banned in Thailand due to the stupid lese majeste laws you have to put up with there)

Last edited by Alan2005; Oct 21st 2011 at 5:09 am.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

John Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Facts like those in the "The King Never Smiles" for instance?

Oh you won't have read this though because you aren't allowed.

(I will delete my post though - I don't want to get BE banned in Thailand due to the stupid lese majeste laws you have to put up with there)

Where DO you get your "Facts"
which seem to have lessened to one now?

You do not live in Thailand?
you should tread carefully.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 3:34 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Where DO you get your "Facts"
which seem to have lessened to one now?
I fully stand by what I say - I just don't want to be the cause of BE being blocked. If you leave Thailand for a week or two get hold of the book I mentioned above and read it. It's an eye opener and highly regarded as being well researched and based on facts. You can also check out some of the decadence leaked to wikileaks.

You do not live in Thailand?
you should tread carefully.
I used to live in Thailand and I speak Thai fairly well (as my tag-line should tell you). I was there when Sonti started his whole anti Thaksin movement and I was there for the coup (I left in 2008 though, so didn't see the recent red/yellow shirt nonsense). I do think that when the King dies, there is going to be trouble (we all know there is a very nasty undercurrent to Thai politics). I may disagree with you about the good the king does, but I hope you can stay safe when this happens.

Last edited by Alan2005; Oct 21st 2011 at 3:37 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I fully stand by what I say - I just don't want to be the cause of BE being blocked. If you leave Thailand for a week or two get hold of the book I mentioned above and read it. It's an eye opener and highly regarded as being well researched and based on facts. You can also check out some of the decadence leaked to wikileaks.

I used to live in Thailand and I speak Thai fairly well (as my tag-line should tell you). I was there when Sonti started his whole anti Thaksin movement and I was there for the coup (I left in 2008 though, so didn't see the recent red/yellow shirt nonsense). I do think that when the King dies, there is going to be trouble (we all know there is a very nasty undercurrent to Thai politics). I may disagree with you about the good the king does, but I hope you can stay safe when this happens.
There's a lot of truth in your last paragraph.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all

...Any member of his family deserves respect,...
Does that include the Crown Prince?!
Old Jan 17th 2012, 3:45 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

there are many pluses and minuses , you could go on for ever on this one .