Dinner cruises Bangkok

Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dinner cruises Bangkok

Good Morning Thailand.... Sorry to ask here instead of TripAdvisor but I might get a more 'on the ground' answer. I have of course 'done' TripAdvisor, Booking.com etc etc!! We're going to Bangkok for the New Year and want to fit in a dinner cruise. We want to avoid the cattle crush, avoid new boats (unless told the pretty old ones are death traps, of course!) and would - naturally - like to get the best value for money in terms of hours/good food/entertainment/drinks/ that we can possibly squeeze in. What would you chaps who live there suggest?
Old Aug 15th 2013, 5:16 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinner cruises Bangkok

Been years since I did one but I would have thought 500-1000 sounds about right depending on the food and how long you're on the boat for . I'd try to be on a bigger boat though as it can be quite choppy , and you always see people on these traditional old style boats that look very nice but they're quite small and I've always wondered if they bob up and down , which could be a pain when you're eating .
Old Aug 16th 2013, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Been years since I did one but I would have thought 500-1000 sounds about right depending on the food and how long you're on the boat for . I'd try to be on a bigger boat though as it can be quite choppy , and you always see people on these traditional old style boats that look very nice but they're quite small and I've always wondered if they bob up and down , which could be a pain when you're eating .
Thanks - good to have a price guide but in fact I was looking for a suggestion of a specific boat. I doubt we'd go for a modern one simply because of character, but it's worth knowing the choppy tip!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

There are not actually that many companies operating these dinner cruises. Yes lots of agents taking bookings but not that many boats. Best thing is just to book one from your hotel. Ask the concierge / front desk. They are all pretty much the same and we really enjoyed it.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

HannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant future

Yess be warned the seas can be choppy so definitely opt for a bigger boat, i've heard but never tried, Loy Nava Dinner Cruises, and they do cruises over new years, but unsure on prices or how good the cruise is so would need to go look in further detail for that!
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 6:56 am
Just Joined

brix13 is an unknown quantity at this point

there are about 8 companies doing this. It is always a great experience as the atmosphere on the dinner at night is electric. The big boats are mass tourism, less quality of food, often chartered by chinese tours. The smaller ones are expensive but really good quality(often linked to a 5 star hotel)

bon apetit!