Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Winter living in Thailand

Winter living in Thailand

Old Dec 25th 2016, 9:10 am
Just Joined

ssmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Winter living in Thailand

Considering spending the UK winter months in Thailand say from Nov to Feb/March in early retirement (60yrs).
Need some recommendations on where to stay. No intention on buying just renting. Would be nice to spend a few days in BK and then somewhere near the beaches but not the heavily tourist/ seedy resorts.

Would value any advice.
Old Dec 25th 2016, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter living in Thailand

Since you only stay for a few months, rent a serviced apartment. You don't mention your interests. This makes recommending a destination difficult. Seedy and non seedy areas are everywhere just like tourists. Unless you can speak Thai a non-tourist town or village is not a good idea. Is this your first visit?
Old Dec 25th 2016, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

ssmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
Since you only stay for a few months, rent a serviced apartment. You don't mention your interests. This makes recommending a destination difficult. Seedy and non seedy areas are everywhere just like tourists. Unless you can speak Thai a non-tourist town or village is not a good idea. Is this your first visit?
Thanks for your reply.
This will be my first visit. Anticipate spending the first and last days in Bangkok. Beach scene is really to chill out , do all the things I haven't really been able to. Relax , read, swim etc . Would be good to dine out with other expats but at the same time would prefer to have a Thai experience. Love Thai food.
Old Dec 26th 2016, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ssmark
Thanks for your reply.
This will be my first visit. Anticipate spending the first and last days in Bangkok. Beach scene is really to chill out , do all the things I haven't really been able to. Relax , read, swim etc . Would be good to dine out with other expats but at the same time would prefer to have a Thai experience. Love Thai food.
Look at Khao Lak, Phuket. This should perhaps meet your interest?
For more Khao Lak info go to TripAdvisor, Phuket/Khao Lak. There is a poster "Arandora" who will be a good and honest source for info. I can help with Bangkok as I have lived there for over a decade.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

If you are seeking living to the East near to Laos & Cambodia, Maybe you should look at the web site, WELOVEUBON.com - for Ubonratchathani -which is City and Province - with Airport link direct from Bangkok's We airport at Meaung. - Easy on Google Earth....... Hotel? look at Laithong -stay for two nights while seeking Accommodation. Don (My Wife is Thai)