Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Choked to death by bus door

Choked to death by bus door

Old Mar 19th 2013, 4:21 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Choked to death by bus door

Good grief.... poor guy.

From PhuketWan paper today:

Phuket Man Choked to Death By Bus Door in Freak Fatal Mishap

By Sert Tongdee
Monday, March 18, 2013
PHUKET: A bus driver choked to death on Phuket when the automatic doors on his bus malfunctioned today.

The man was found still wedged in the door about 11.30am at the Boat Lagoon in Phuket City.

Investigators believe he started the engine and switched on the air conditioning before becoming caught in the door.

The bus, belonging to Sawat Travel, had been due to take tourist passengers from the busy marina in Khorkaew to Phang Nga.

It was the third day on the job for the man, named by police as Eakkarat Sarapon, 29. The bus was new and had been in use for a month.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 7:53 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Choked to death by bus door

what a way to go !!

Wonder what they will happen about the bus now someone has died on there .

Ghosts and all that.......maybe they'll have to get some monks to come along and do a blessing .
Old Mar 19th 2013, 8:59 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yes.... could be.

Mind you, it's a tourist bus so.... a week later the tourists won't know any difference eh.

Not a nice way to go though
Old Mar 19th 2013, 9:23 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

true , might be hard to get a new driver though.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Ah yes.... could be.

Mind you, it's a tourist bus so.... a week later the tourists won't know any difference eh.

Not a nice way to go though
is that a monitor lizard in your avatar ?
Old Mar 19th 2013, 9:27 am

Yes it is
Old Mar 19th 2013, 4:45 pm

I'd be careful using it in the Thai forum if I were you .

I like them but it is a bit of an insult
Old Mar 20th 2013, 9:57 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
I'd be careful using it in the Thai forum if I were you .

I like them but it is a bit of an insult
Why is it an insult?
Old Mar 20th 2013, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

The monitor lizard including a 'water monitor' (here เหี้ย) in Thai is a symbol of bad luck, cunning or hatred. It normally lives in a field or jungle. When it gets into a house, people will drive it out or simply say something nice to it; otherwise most people believe they will bring about bad luck for a long time. Additionally if you do not like somebody due to his unacceptable behaviour, you might say he is very 'here' (here mak). You can see lots of 'here' near the House of Parliament in Bangkok. As many Thais or NGOs think that most politicians are corrupted and 'here mak mak', they set free numerous 'here' around there. So, you might like to change the avatar if possible. It does no good to yourself or anyone according to Nonthaburi's hint, I supposed.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 12:25 pm

Dunno , I think it's quite funny .

I like them . I like seeing them at Dusit Zoo or Lumpini park . I think they were trying to remove them from Lumpini because there were too many of them . they're harmless enough but there was a case of a woman getting hurt when one fell out of a tree and scratched her as it landed on top of her . I've also seen them fight dogs in Koh Phangan a few times .
Old Mar 20th 2013, 1:49 pm

What a load of cobblers. I shall change my avatar when I choose to do so.

I took the pic in Penang. It's a Penang monitor lizard which is exceptionally lucky, And anyone who adds to this thread will have much luck and fortune and great wealth.

Old Mar 20th 2013, 3:03 pm

I think it's more because they slither around in dirty canals that it's not a great comparison .
Thais have a lot of funny animal beliefs though. My favourite is that you're going to get lucky if a snake crosses your path . See them rush to buy a lottery ticket when that happens .
Am I assured of luck , fortune and wealth from your lucky lizard ??
Old Mar 20th 2013, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

Just kidding. As your thread is a sign of bad luck, a poor bus driver in Phuket was choked to death due to the unexpected defect of his bus door leading to carbon monoxide accumulation in his body. He then said goodbye to the world.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
I think it's more because they slither around in dirty canals that it's not a great comparison .
Ah... this one is different. It was down by the sea-shore. We also have sea-lions and dolphins apparently, and the dolphins certainly like clean water I am told, so this is a clean and lucky lizard.

Yes you will have heaps of good fortune landing on you. Trust me.