Best Areas in BKK

Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best Areas in BKK

Could someone tell me where the best areas for condo living in Bangkok are please, thanks.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Best Areas in BKK

Many expats tend to live along/just off Soi Sukhumvit. Broadly speaking this is in the east/south east part of the city.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your quick reply BB. Another question if you dont mind, an you tell me what the rental would be roughly for a 3 bed condo in this sort of area please.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Sorry, no idea - I only know the expat areas because of a few extended visits I have made. Maybe someone else will be along, or else it is google time!
Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:14 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on which Soi you live. I have never lived around Sukumvit as it was not too near my work and a bit pricey. What will you do for a job when you are there? That kind of depends on where you may live. I lived in Lad Prao but have also lived in Bang Sue(not somewhere i would tell people to live) and Pinklao. Tell me more of your plans and budget and i'll try to give you more info if i can. Thanks.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 2:28 am
Just Joined

castleunited is an unknown quantity at this point

I would rec you to stick on the job you get and get a room near it. You would save lots of time on trafic. Bangkok being notoriously famous for getting stuck 2 hours in traffic jam.

Another famous street for expats is Silom Sathorn Wireless road Sukhumvit langsuan
Cheers.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 8:13 am
Banned

Davess is an unknown quantity at this point

Sukhumvit area is the most happening place in bangkok.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Find a place close to your work, or easily accessible by Skytrain.

Do try and avoid online agents or foreigners, they will be more expensive. Often the best idea is to find a place you like the look of and approach the building/managers/owners directly.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 6:28 am
Legless recluse

leglessfool is on a distinguished road

Like has already been said on here, anywhere near a skytrain station is the most convenient. As for the price of the type of place that you want, I don't really know, I just live in a single room with attached bathroom and that costs me Bht 4,000 with just a bed, wardrobe and fridge for furniture.

Sorry, I can't be of more help at the moment.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:16 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leglessfool
Like has already been said on here, anywhere near a skytrain station is the most convenient. As for the price of the type of place that you want, I don't really know, I just live in a single room with attached bathroom and that costs me Bht 4,000 with just a bed, wardrobe and fridge for furniture.

Sorry, I can't be of more help at the moment.
Bht 4,000 per night or per week? There are plenty of safe and secure tourist hotels costing less than Bht 1,250 per night, surely?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:57 am
Legless recluse

leglessfool is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Shadya
Bht 4,000 per night or per week? There are plenty of safe and secure tourist hotels costing less than Bht 1,250 per night, surely?
4,000 per month, I thought you would have realised that, I don't pay 4,000 per night and live here permanently, I am not a tourist.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Aussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant future

Amazing Grace! Is there something I don't know? Are you on the move??? HA HA - can't escape the ME..........!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

britishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond repute

4000 baht a month would not get you anywhere near a modern condo, these are basic apartment blocks mostly for the locals but usually safe enough for the odd foreigner on a budget (unlike many other Asian cities) but I can't think of any such buildings near the BTS on Sukhumvit... Probably around the 20,000 baht a month for a low end condo with two or three beds, the high end stuff right on Sukhumvit or Silom would be more like 60-80k or even over 100k. Find out where you are going to work and wander around (usually the cheap ones are called Court and expensive ones Mansions) and ask in their offices, as someone else suggested.

4000k is right at the low end for a studio apartment in Bangkok, more likely twice that for something newish with a fridge and TV plus basic furniture and a few minutes walk to Suhumvit BTS.

Bangkok apartments usually want two months deposit plus one month rent in advance but no references as such - if you don't pay the monthly rent don't expect the landlord to go through the court to get you and you will have fun getting the deposit back after the six month contract expires.

If you travel light and know what you are doing, it is still possible to get off a flight into Bangkok, wander around the soi's on Sukhumvit and find an apartment in a few hours and move right in (if you have the dosh on you) without going anywhere near a hotel. Have done that many times myself.

Last edited by britishbull; Apr 12th 2009 at 6:27 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 8:02 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

I used to live in Lad Prao for 3 years. I paid 5,500 baht plus bills a month(no more than 7k all up). But years before that i stayed in a house with my ex and a couple of our friends, We paid 3000 baht for a 2 bedroom house in Pinklao. It helps if you know a local to find a house.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Jenny666 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

For us the deciding factors are Schools, work location, and is there anywhere in particular you actually want to live, ie a specific Condo? We have moved from Sathorn (CBD) to Sukhumvit and then back to Sathorn. We found Sukhumvit far too polluted and congested, especially during rushour traffic and Fridays its unbearable from mid day onwards. It really depends on your criteria and what you want..... Emporium Suites are fab if you have the budget.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.