Anyone moving to BKK?

Old Oct 27th 2010, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

KhunShay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone moving to BKK?

Bangkok is a great city for expats, and I think that it is such a popular destination for British expats that I am wondering how come Thailand didn't have its own thread in the British expats forum
The country's got great beaches, cities, night clubs, and excellent women.
Anyway, i am just trying to promote Thailand's image, that is all
Old Oct 28th 2010, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Alexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone moving to BKK?

.... you forgot to mention the food
Old Oct 28th 2010, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alexor
.... you forgot to mention the food
Yep, are you living in BKK?
Old Nov 8th 2010, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KhunShay
Yep, are you living in BKK?
Living in BKK 5 years now, agree on the above, although it's not as Rosy as some might think, and can even be boring here if you don't have a car to get out at the weekends! However.... it's a lot better than a dozen others on the list.
I think there are many that use the ThaiVisa forum instead of this one... although I prefer this personally.... more sparse, quicker to read - haha!
TH has lots of promoting to do to revive it's tourism...
Old Nov 8th 2010, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MonsterP
Living in BKK 5 years now, agree on the above, although it's not as Rosy as some might think, and can even be boring here if you don't have a car to get out at the weekends! However.... it's a lot better than a dozen others on the list.
I think there are many that use the ThaiVisa forum instead of this one... although I prefer this personally.... more sparse, quicker to read - haha!
TH has lots of promoting to do to revive it's tourism...
Yep, do you usually hang out at Nana/ Asoke areas?
Old Nov 9th 2010, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

Usually avoid it since it's mainly for tourists, however, there are one or two decent British/irish pubs around there if that's what you're after.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

prefer spanish football to BPL though, so i don't really go to british pubs
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

prefer spanish football to BPL though, so i don't really go to british pubs
Ahh, no idea where you'll find those. I don't go to watch the football anyway... :-)
Old Nov 10th 2010, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MonsterP
Ahh, no idea where you'll find those. I don't go to watch the football anyway... :-)
Cheers mate
Old Nov 11th 2010, 7:14 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Stay away from those areas. overpriced bars with overpriced girls. Nothing but fools gold wasting your time there.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Stay away from those areas. overpriced bars with overpriced girls. Nothing but fools gold wasting your time there.
Thanks for the tip mate