Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

6 Month Visit to Thailand

6 Month Visit to Thailand

Old May 29th 2017, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Dean Stuart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 6 Month Visit to Thailand

Hi, New to this site. Wanting to stay in Bangkok for 6 months. Friends have told me to rent a hotel first for two or three weeks. Want to rent an apartment for the remaining time. Could someone give me some ideas? I know rather vague but more questions will lead into more questions and hopefully more answers. Thank you in advance,Dean
Old May 30th 2017, 3:31 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 Month Visit to Thailand

Originally Posted by Dean Stuart
Hi, New to this site. Wanting to stay in Bangkok for 6 months. Friends have told me to rent a hotel first for two or three weeks. Want to rent an apartment for the remaining time. Could someone give me some ideas? I know rather vague but more questions will lead into more questions and hopefully more answers. Thank you in advance,Dean
Well firstly Dean, what are you going to be doing there?
What kind of person are you?
What's your budget?
Hobbies, food, fun, etc

It's hard to make a recommendation about anything if no one knows what you're looking for.

Why Bangkok? And why six months?
Old May 31st 2017, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dean Stuart
It is difficult to rent shortterm unless you choose a serviced apt. which can be rented on a monthly basis. The shorter the higher the price. What is your budget? Where in Bangkok do you want to stay? You don't mention the reason for your stay. Beware, if you intend to work you will need a work permit. Have you investigated which visa you wish to apply for? Financial requirements?
Old Aug 19th 2017, 9:35 am
Banned

peterudonthani is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm too visiting thailand for 2 months but im renting an apartment. too expensive living in hotel for 2 months.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 9:05 am
Just Joined

jakuk is an unknown quantity at this point

don't know if you are still considering,
we spend a few Months a year in BKK , as other posters have said , areas vary quite a lot , serviced apartments are a great option , the further out of the centres you are prices can drop a fair bit.
getting near to skytrain service should be near the top of your prioriy as bus travel is pretty grim
Old Nov 13th 2017, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Joe Vgn is an unknown quantity at this point

You can try airbnb sometimes it's possible to rent condo for a short period of time !
Old Nov 13th 2017, 2:28 pm
Banned

FabRe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, it is very hard to rent for 2 months, most of the time it is at least 6 months, good luck
Old Apr 5th 2018, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Khao Yai is an unknown quantity at this point

I realise this is out of date for the OP but for the benefit of anyone else coming along and reading this thread for info - I really don't understand why people say its hard to find a short term apartment. There's literally hundreds on AirBnB.