100 Baht a month

Old Dec 27th 2012, 9:29 am
Banned

saudivisa is on a distinguished road
Default 100 Baht a month

Hi

I have been offered a BKK based Sales Managers job earning 100k baht a month, managing a team of Thai sales agents, the business is worth about 3 million GBP. Its a Brit firm.

Is this an ok salary for BKK and what should I be asking for in terms of accomoodation travel / flight allowances?

Thanks
Old Dec 27th 2012, 9:29 am
Banned

Default Re: 100 Baht a month

The title should read 100K a month :-)
Old Dec 27th 2012, 9:47 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudivisa
The title should read 100K a month :-)
ask a mod nicely, and they will amend it for you..
Old Dec 28th 2012, 2:33 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudivisa
Hi

I have been offered a BKK based Sales Managers job earning 100k baht a month, managing a team of Thai sales agents, the business is worth about 3 million GBP. Its a Brit firm.

Is this an ok salary for BKK and what should I be asking for in terms of accomoodation travel / flight allowances?

Thanks
What are you on just now?
Old Dec 28th 2012, 10:12 am
Banned

In Saudi.

Cheers
Old Dec 30th 2012, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all

Thats about GBP 2K per month.

If accomodation extra then you can live quite comfortably on that without too many excesses.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 6:22 am
CM, LoS

wolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jackwow
Thats about GBP 2K per month.

If accomodation extra then you can live quite comfortably on that without too many excesses.
Like a king really. It depends what you want out of the whole affair though. Some want to make as much as possible, to put money away, and expect to be here a short time only. This then needs to be compared with what you get at home or on other overseas postings. Others want to be here and anre more interested in what the cash/benefits brings them here.

For the former, you could probably do better (in Duibai or Asuadio as you are now). The latter, it is a very good Thai wage -- nice house rent will be something like 25k (can get cheaper can get more exopensive - but on that wage, 25k is probably a good aim), bill, cost of living etc will hardly dent the rest. Only high living will cause impact (girls, booze, partying, expensive entertainment venues) - all of which can be moderated (and probably should be).
Old Dec 31st 2012, 6:28 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no expert but I would be asking for a lot more for an expat package . Sounds on the low side . Are there bonuses on top ? What are the allowances etc ?

What are you on now ? Step up or step down.

It is a very good local wage though and you can live very well on that...... to a point . Depends on your lifestyle too . Are you married with children ect , they cost money.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 6:56 am
CM, LoS

wolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud ofwolf5370 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
... Are you married with children ect , they cost money.
Yeah, and some lol!
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 1:38 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
I'm no expert but I would be asking for a lot more for an expat package . Sounds on the low side . Are there bonuses on top ? What are the allowances etc ?

What are you on now ? Step up or step down.

It is a very good local wage though and you can live very well on that...... to a point . Depends on your lifestyle too . Are you married with children ect , they cost money.
Agree with Nonthaburi...

Are there additional allowances? Housing, utilities, school fees, car etc?

If this is seriously a place you want to live, then its probably doable....

Whilst you could find a place to put your head for 25K, you can also find a place to rest your head for 100K plus... Depends what your requirements are...
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 3:18 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Also agree with nonthaburi.

100k THB is ok by local standards, but not that remarkable. You'll be able to have an ok life but you will have to budget a bit for things. I'd say that unless you want to live in Thailand it's probably not worth it.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

100 k baht is good but quite unremarkable.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you need an exit strategy ? Are you going to stay there for good ?
Old Mar 11th 2013, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

HannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant futureHannahJ38 has a brilliant future

100K Baht is good in the sense that you will be able to live well on that amount of money in Thailand. From experience of visiting Thailand, food is very affordable,(had dinner for around £1.50 in some places), as well as travel. I know people who stayed in a 5 star hotel in Bangkok for £10 a night. If you know where to look, you are sure to find some hidden gems for accommodation.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 12:29 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HannahJ38
100K Baht is good in the sense that you will be able to live well on that amount of money in Thailand. From experience of visiting Thailand, food is very affordable,(had dinner for around £1.50 in some places), as well as travel. I know people who stayed in a 5 star hotel in Bangkok for £10 a night. If you know where to look, you are sure to find some hidden gems for accommodation.
Were they the same people that bought some certified emeralds for £5 ?!? Thai hotels are reasonable, but they're not that low priced. Even a coffee from Starbucks is around £2 last time I was there. Current 5* rate seems to be around £80 from the web.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.