Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Where should I look for teaching Jobs in the US

Where should I look for teaching Jobs in the US

Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

alya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant future
Default Where should I look for teaching Jobs in the US

Have tried googling to look for teaching jobs being advertised, but all it throws up are recruitment agencies and a) not sure i really trust all these companies who are paying google to advertise them and b) i read on the Wiki that they don't really take you seriously unles you are already in the states.

Not sure where to start with my job search. Any advice would be most appreciated.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where should I look for teaching Jobs in the US

Match.com

Find a hubby, then you'll ultimately get the legal right to work in the USA.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Match.com

Find a hubby, then you'll ultimately get the legal right to work in the USA.
Wont really help you find a job in this market though - teachers are being sacked left, right and centre.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

alya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant future

oh dear! doesn't sound promising. I assume kids are still there in number so who is educating them?

Am already married with baby so no chance of marrying a USC!
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 3:52 pm
GSP
Just Joined

GSP is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah- the outlook for teaching jobs at the moment is pretty bleak in all States. I moved over to the US last year and I'm now a Greencard holder so I'm legally able to work. Despite this and despite me holding all the relevant teaching qualifications (I'm fully certified in my subject area through successful completion of the Praxis examinations), I cannot for the life of me get a teaching position.

No one is hiring in my county, and it was a serious effort for those teachers that had jobs to actually keep them this year (some of them 'lost their jobs', but the county put them into long term substitution roles, therefore they still technically have a job, even though it's not a fixed teaching position).

After a year of trying Ive now pretty much given up and have now switched career paths. It's so sad as I loved teaching, but I also love my new career, so every cloud eh?