Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Teaching and teaching assiants in Australia

Teaching and teaching assiants in Australia

Old Jan 3rd 2016, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

SarahFerguson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teaching and teaching assiants in Australia

Hello, I am just wondering what type of jobs you can get with a school, I currently work as a teaching assistant in the uk with a few years experience and we are moving over to Australia.
I just wondered if they do employ teaching assistants over there?
Also I was about to go back to uni and complete either a school direct course or a PGCE I just wondered if there was anything similar in Oz? Or how to go about gaining a teaching qualification? My original degree is in business management, bit different I know haha
Thanks in advance
Sarah
Old Jan 24th 2016, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Teaching and teaching assiants in Australia

Yes they do have teaching assistants, same as UK. I'm not sure about the PGCE, but they do have something similar, have a go at contacting a uni in the state you are wanting to live in. Each state has different systems so be aware of that. Good luck.