Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Teaching in Perth or Brisbane

Teaching in Perth or Brisbane

Old Dec 7th 2013, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice
Default Re: Teaching in Perth or Brisbane

Originally Posted by manilaoz
Hi--

I'm off to Goldcoast on the 18th of Dec. with a PR 189 for the nominated skill secondary teacher.

What are the prospects of finding work in Goldcoast this time of the year?

Thanks in advance!
Are you registered already? If not, that's the first thing to do. Without registration no job. Don't know about Queensland, but in Victoria it took about6 weeks to come through. And most teaching positions are on the market now or have been filled already, you might be able to get short-term positions or CRT, depending on your subjects.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

manilaoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Teaching in Perth or Brisbane

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I think that you need to get registered to teach first - but I'm not a teacher so couldn't tell you all that that involves. I do know that the schools are about to break up for the Summer holidays - I think they are off until the end of January when temporary contracts may be available.
Thanks Oldsparkle. I have enquired about registration requirements and I guess CRT or non- teaching post is indeed what's practicable for now while waiting for registration approval.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice
Default Re: Teaching in Perth or Brisbane

Originally Posted by manilaoz
Thanks Oldsparkle. I have enquired about registration requirements and I guess CRT or non- teaching post is indeed what's practicable for now while waiting for registration approval.
Also CRT is not possible without registration!
Old Dec 7th 2013, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

manilaoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Teaching in Perth or Brisbane

Originally Posted by musicalfever4
Are you registered already? If not, that's the first thing to do. Without registration no job. Don't know about Queensland, but in Victoria it took about6 weeks to come through. And most teaching positions are on the market now or have been filled already, you might be able to get short-term positions or CRT, depending on your subjects.
Hi mf4--

I have prepared all registration requirements ready for submission once landed.

But perhaps at this point the only option is to search for non-teaching posts--- fingers crossed that an employer would take me in even without local experience.

Btw, does ' local experience ' for migrant teachers include odd jobs? I was wondering if it counts adding relevance to a teaching credentials.