Teaching in Canada

Old May 14th 2010, 9:19 pm
=]

Robw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really nice
Default Teaching in Canada

Hey, I was thinking about becoming a teacher when I am older and I like the idea of going to University in Canada. I hear that it is not easy to find teaching jobs but would a Canadian education help? I know it gets you into the Canadian experience class?

Any advice welcome
Old May 17th 2010, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teaching in Canada

We considered Canada, however all our research told us its very hard to find a teaching job in Canada. Now living in Australia.

Hubby also worked with a young Canadian teacher and they also told him it was difficult to secure a job. This was why they were working in an International School abroad.

Its not what you want to hear, but you may want to consider another career if Canada really is the country you want.

Gems
Old May 17th 2010, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

sarah_gaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Teaching in Canada

Originally Posted by Robw4
Hey, I was thinking about becoming a teacher when I am older and I like the idea of going to University in Canada. I hear that it is not easy to find teaching jobs but would a Canadian education help? I know it gets you into the Canadian experience class?

Any advice welcome

I have a Canadian education (including a B. Education) from Ontario. After I finished my Teacher training I spent 4 months doing (very little) supply work and working 2 part time jobs in the evenings and on weekends. I decided to move to the UK as it is much easier to get a teaching job in the UK than it is in Canada. If you want to do it, be prepared to only get supply/temporary positions for the first 2-3 years at least.