Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Teaching in Australia - requirements

Teaching in Australia - requirements

Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Green Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really nice
Default Teaching in Australia - requirements

Hi. I'm arriving in Melbourne in February on a RRV, with my partner who will have a de-facto visa lodged in London pre-departure. My partner wants to teach in Australia.

What qualifications will she need? She has the equivalent of a UK 1st Class Hons degree in Philosophy and also a Diploma in Teaching, both from a University in Romania.

Her intention is to enroll in the Masters of Teaching course at Uni of Melbourne.

Would this be enough to qualify to teach in Australia? Does she need to get her qualifications accredited?

Thanks
Old Feb 27th 2012, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

MB2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Teaching in Australia - requirements

I'm guessing the best place to look for answers to those questions is on the respective state's govt. education website. That will at least be factual and up-to-date. Forums can be good for anecdotal information and guidance but you should always check facts through official sources.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Green Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really nice
Default Re: Teaching in Australia - requirements

Originally Posted by MB2012
I'm guessing the best place to look for answers to those questions is on the respective state's govt. education website. That will at least be factual and up-to-date. Forums can be good for anecdotal information and guidance but you should always check facts through official sources.
Many thanks for your reply.

We have since found some information from the state government's website. We have also had some assistance from a UK organisation called Degrees Ahead, financed by overseas universities to find international students for them.

Degrees Ahead have been helpful so far in that they have sent my partners qualifications to a university to see if she would be accepted onto their graduate teachers diploma course...who will also tell us if her Romanian teaching qualifications means she requires no futher study.

We are hopeful to have a good understanding of this before we arrive in Australia!