Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Teach secondary Maths with PGCE but no Maths degree - Abu Dhabi

Teach secondary Maths with PGCE but no Maths degree - Abu Dhabi

Old Aug 20th 2016, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

BeckyB32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teach secondary Maths with PGCE but no Maths degree - Abu Dhabi

Hello all, I would appreciate any advice you can give on this topic. I am new here and apologise if this has been asked before. I am a fully qualified secondary Maths teacher in the UK with 6 years experience of teaching and middle management. I have a PGCE in secondary Maths, however, my degree subject is different.

I have been seriously considering moving to Abu Dhabi to teach KS3 and KS4 Maths, however, I have just been advised that I would find it difficult to get a job as I do not hold a Maths degree. I am looking at working at an international school which follows the British curriculum.

Is there any way for me to be accepted for a teaching job in Abu Dhabi with my qualifications? Is it possible to just teach middle school?

Thank you in advance.