Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

SS for secondary school teachers

SS for secondary school teachers

Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice
Default SS for secondary school teachers

Hi everybody,
does anybody know how good the chances are to get a SS as a secondary school teacher? I am a secondary school teacher from Germany with 16 years of experience as a foreign language teacher and would like to apply for SS for Vic, as they sponsor teachers of LOTE German. Any ideas of how big my chances are to get that SS?
Old May 2nd 2010, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: SS for secondary school teachers

SS for Victoria is a popular route for many given job prospects etc. I applied under the umbrella of teaching Design Technology, even though I teach IT as well, and was granted sponsorship in about twelve weeks given I had to apply for teacher registration at the same time.

Their current list as updated on the 19th April does include German.

Here's the link: http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au...ity_July09.pdf

Your chances depend upon the need existing in certain areas at the time of application and your ability to communicate a desire to live and work in Victoria as opposed to any other part. For instance we have relations in Newcastle and whilst I would not really think of it as a feasible destination the Vic Gov wanted to know why this wasn't our intended destination as many have clearly got in and jumped ship so to speak.

Hope this helps

Bezza