PGDE Singapore

Old Sep 1st 2011, 6:44 am
Just Joined

mountainnomad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PGDE Singapore

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of the PGDE offered by NIE in Singapore? Any idea of how it compares with either Scottish or English courses?

I had been planning to return to Scotland to do a PGDE in biology but I'm now looking into the possibility of doing the course in Singapore. I would be required to teach in Singapore for 3 years after graduation.

Would this qualification be accepted in Scotland along with 3 years of teaching experience. Would it affect my employment prospects once I returned to Scotland? I also have a scientific MSc, 4 years of scientific experience and 5 years of EFL teaching experience.

I have contacted GTC Scotland and received a very prompt response but they don't have any knowledge of the course so couldn't offer any clear answers.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 12:31 pm
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: PGDE Singapore

I'd say contact them again, sending through more info about the course. At the end of your time in Singapore it's the GTCS who'll determine whether you can teach in Scotland so best to hear from them. Perhaps look at their minimum requirements for recognising a PGCE?