Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

How many years experience do you need with a PGCE?

How many years experience do you need with a PGCE?

Old Jul 14th 2010, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Iwant2binfreo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile How many years experience do you need with a PGCE?

Hello everybody

I have a BA in History and Sociology from the University of Manchester. I'm starting a PGCE next year.

I'm either going to do History or Sociology, are these subjects required in Australia?

After i've completed my PGCE, how many years experience will I need to be considered for a skilled migration visa?

How much experience do you need to get a state sponsored visa i.e. from the WA education department...

thanks in advance!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:52 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many years experience do you need with a PGCE?

For most skilled visas you need a minimum of 12 months experience (full time or over 20 hours/week). This can be your NQT year.

If you require the 5 extra bonus points for the skilled independent you need 3 years out of 4.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Iwant2binfreo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How many years experience do you need with a PGCE?

That's nice to know!

Thanks...