FBI check question

Old Apr 14th 2018, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

cca123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FBI check question

Hello everyone,

My husband (usc) and I (ukc) will be moving back to the uk in june on a spouse visa. We are both teachers and hold QTS over there. As advised, since we have been out of the uk for over 5 years, we obtained our FBI police check. However, on the certificate it states that it is not for employment purposes and does not cover state level (which makes no sense as national should cover state since it falls under this umbrella). Everything i have read states that its the FBI check that uk schools need but im worried that these weird statements on the certificate might make a uk school not accept it... Can anybody advise? We are leaving soon and wamt to make sure we have the background checks before we do.
Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 27th 2019, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FBI check question

You've probably already sorted this, but in case anyone else is browsing and has the same question . . .

If they ask for an FBI check, an FBI check is what they want.

For these checks - The FBI and the individual states keep different databases and there isn't necessarily overlap. The FBI check doesn't automatically bring up every possible ping. That is why the FBI certificate says it doesn't cover "state-level" stuff.

When an "FBI check" is asked for, it is understood that is what they want and you do not have to provide state-level checks unless those are specifically asked for.

The good news is, the state checks are usually a lot easier and faster to get back than the FBI one.