Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Do I need to study further to teach in Australia?

Do I need to study further to teach in Australia?

Old Jan 9th 2018, 1:48 am
Just Joined

Kirstymarie101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do I need to study further to teach in Australia?

In the UK I completed a degree in BA (Hons) Primary Education with QTS. This was a 3 year degree which I completed in 2014.

I am aware that teaching degrees in Australia are 4 years long.. would I need to study an extra year to get into teaching out here? And if so what study would that be?

I am applying for residency in September as a defacto on my partners 457 visa and would really like to get back into teaching.

I live in a regional area that is crying out for teachers, but I am unsure of my options and don’t know who I can speak to in order to get the ball rolling.

I only completed one term of my NQT year in the UK and haven’t taught since as I moved to Australia. I’m worried this could also hinder my chances out here.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 11:59 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I need to study further to teach in Australia?

Which state are you in?