Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

confusion over which uni course?

confusion over which uni course?

Old Mar 10th 2010, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of
Default confusion over which uni course?

Can some one help me please, I've been in childcare since i arrived here and while i enjoy it i would really like to go back to teaching or at least get my registration through in case any jobs come up in primary schools?
I've been in touch with QUT to find out which course I need to take( I have a 3 yr BA HONS primary teaching degree from UK) and they said because I was a registered teacher in UK, I can take the ED26,Batchelor of Education Inservice course for returning teachers but on the QLD College of Teacher reg. it says it must be the full batchelors degree or ED38,Graduate Diploma in Education.
Now this makes a huge difference to me as ED26 means I can stay in my present job while doing the course but the ED38 means i will have to give it up as I will be in school on placements which isn't a problem but will be financially.
Am still waiting for Teacher Reg. to call back and QUT in between going to work and ringing them myself, so just wondered if any one on here had any info to share/help me?
Many thanks,Babs