been accepted!!!!

Old Oct 29th 2008, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

derekgoforth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default been accepted!!!!

got this email early this morning, in my bulk mail, i nearly deleted it!!!

Dear Mr Goforth

I refer to your application for sponsorship under Business Visa sub class 457 to teach in a Western Australian government school.

On behalf of the Department of Education and Training of Western Australia (DET), I wish to formally advise that your application for sponsorship under Business Visa sub class 457 to teach in a Western Australian government school has been successful. Congratulations!

get in!!!!!

only had my interview two weeks ago, must have done sommet right i spose!!
all the best to the others who are waiting , but check your bulk mail spam folder just in case

just the meds and the house to sort out now!!!

djg
Old Oct 29th 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: been accepted!!!!

Congratulations, and I hope your move is as successful as our has been.
We love it here and will be getting our PR nomination next May. The 2 years goes quicker than you think.

Fingers crossed you get a good town.

Gems
Old Oct 29th 2008, 11:26 pm
Account Closed

Smile Re: been accepted!!!!

thanks gems, your help and advice have been 1st class. Yep got our fingers crossed for either geralton or esperance, but what the he'll, just glad to be going( touch wood)!!!!!!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

leeh36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Derek,

Thats great news. I thought that we were all going to have to wait until the team got back in Oz until we heard anything.

When are you going out?

Lee
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:49 am
Account Closed

Smile Re: been accepted!!!!

first day of employment is 6th July, says in the email to arrive a week before to sort out pay scales and jet lag etc etc , I thought it would be longer too, only came across the email when I was clearing out bulk mail folder!!!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derekgoforth

Dear Mr Goforth

I refer to your application for sponsorship under Business Visa sub class 457 to teach in a Western Australian government school.

On behalf of the Department of Education and Training of Western Australia (DET), I wish to formally advise that your application for sponsorship under Business Visa sub class 457 to teach in a Western Australian government school has been successful. Congratulations!

get in!!!!!

all the best to the others who are waiting , but check your bulk mail spam folder just in case

djg
Great news Derek , bet you're chuffed to bits.

Wish I'd read your post earlier as I'd have got my Mrs to check her emails, before I went to work. But will have to wait a few hours so I can go home and wake her up. Roll on 8am .

Hope we're not the first to post bad news . Am worried now as had got my head around the idea of waiting another 2 weeks then finding out
Old Oct 30th 2008, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

Well done derekgoforth. I do hope that you communicate to WA Ed Dept in a better format than you post on here. All that lower case stuff and poor punctuation is not a good advertisement of a teacher! Do you realise that anyone can see you on this website.... could be current students or colleagues. Hope it goes well for you though!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 2:48 pm
Account Closed

Thumbs down Re: been accepted!!!!

Not that I think I should even dignify your comments with a response, I post on the forum with an iPhone, (hardly a word programme). Most people post on this forum as they would talk, casual. I find your comments offensive and arrogant. What right do you have to criticise anyone on this public forum? I hope u communicate with your colleagues with more respect.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Chocs away has a spectacular aura aboutChocs away has a spectacular aura aboutChocs away has a spectacular aura about

Speedy stuff derek! Congratulations I imagine you are soooo chuffed to say the least. Are you primary or secondary teacher then?
Old Oct 31st 2008, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Briar
Well done derekgoforth. I do hope that you communicate to WA Ed Dept in a better format than you post on here. All that lower case stuff and poor punctuation is not a good advertisement of a teacher! Do you realise that anyone can see you on this website.... could be current students or colleagues. Hope it goes well for you though!
What! This is something that really bugs me with teacher forums. Teachers get tired and rush things too. Teachers are allowed to make mistakes and be informal if they wish.
Also a website forum is usually a place for friendly banter and advice. Not a critical analysis on writing styles and punctuation.
As forums are informal, we should not expect them to be Shakespeare.

Gems (who is not a teacher so dont go attacking my rubbish spelling ha,ha )
Old Oct 31st 2008, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

PS, we arrived in July and its a great time to arrive in WA. It gives you time to get used to the weather before it gets really hot in January.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Chocs away has a spectacular aura aboutChocs away has a spectacular aura aboutChocs away has a spectacular aura about

I hope you don't mind me adding to this success thread, but I too have just found out that I've been successful in my 457 application

My start date is Jan 18th 2010 for orientation program and also have some time, like Derek, to sort things out and recover from jetlag etc. We will have a SC apartment for 2 weeks then I presume we move on to our regional area. I'm all shocked and excited at the same time

I hope others receive their good news soon

I guess we'll be needing light clothing in Jan then, Gems!!!!
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

leeh36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats

let the good news keep rolling in I say

Lee
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Mish Mosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am a teacher living in Perth came over in 2007 to teach under a DET scholarship. Have had issues with WACOT with whom you must register, as you are no doubt aware, in order to be allowed to teach in WA. Even though the government sponsored me and paid me to come they refused to give me membership (non recognition of UK Quals) until I complained to the Education Minister, I got it that day! You also need Working with children from the post office and a 100 point crim trac carried out by the department all these things cost money. Found the change very strange, as have many of my other british teaching friends to note; lack of lesson plans, SOW and the like! The level of student swearing in the class also came as a shock, some schools allow it to go on with a devil may care attitude, some don't so good luck with that one. There is a lot of ill feeling within teaching in WA with regard to pay and conditions with a massive teacher shortage. Many teachers are leaving to go to unrelated employment so be aware that you may be sent to any school any place if you work for DET this includes areas that are remote to say the least and in the bush also very,very hot. I am not trying to dampen your good news in any way and would not leave WA for any amount of money but I wish someone had told me the facts so I could have made an informed choice rather than a government influenced decision. You have something they really need and will offer 457 and money to get it, however the strings are firmly attatched and caution is warranted.
This post comes with a big warm welcome and hope it all works out for you. My house didn't sell for a year so myself and husband were apart for 12 months with me and kids here and him selling in the UK.
Good Luck
Originally Posted by derekgoforth

Dear Mr Goforth

get in!!!!!

djg
Old Oct 31st 2008, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Sorry to hear about your problems Mish Mosh. It's always good to get someone else's perspective on things. Of course this is something we've thought a great deal about and know that it's not all going to go smoothly, but we're prepared for the bumps on the way if and when they occur. Having no choice about where to teach is not ideal, however we know this from the start and are prepared to do it as it's our way to a new life down under (cheesey but true!). The fact that accomodation and employment is organised before we arrive was a big factor in deciding on 457, as we have young children. Coming out on a PR visa may have given us more choice, but it would've been too much to organise before we came out and we want it to go as smoothly as possible for our children. Other families do it, but it wasn't the right choice for us.

I'd be interested to know whereabouts in WA you started teaching, (are you primary or secondary) not so that I can avoid it, but to be prepared for all extremes! Teaching in the UK is far from ideal in some areas but then it's great in others. It'll be a learning curve for us all but we love a challenge

and

thanks for the support lee

Last edited by Chocs away; Oct 31st 2008 at 11:31 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.