Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

Adive on looking for a job with CELTA in the ME

Adive on looking for a job with CELTA in the ME

Old Dec 14th 2011, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

shimshim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adive on looking for a job with CELTA in the ME

Hello and thanks for reading!

I am currently working as an English teacher in Budapest, Hungary and my contract is due to finish in January. I am looking for the next step as it were, ideally looking for a job in the middle east, particularly UAE, Oman, Jordan and I am even willing to go to Saudi Arabia. My worry is that all the jobs that I have been looking at are for those who have 2+ years experience - I have got 5 months experience and a CELTA and TEFL qualification, do you think I will get anywhere? I have been trawling the web and applying for various jobs but with not joy as of yet.

Currently the main websites I use are TEFL.com and ESLCafe, most of the jobs that require little or no experience are further east and I would like to stay in the ME.
Any advice and tips as to where to look etc would be great.

Thank you