Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

457, WA DET Sponsorship, How long after send CV?

457, WA DET Sponsorship, How long after send CV?

Old May 27th 2008, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

garyjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nice
Default 457, WA DET Sponsorship, How long after send CV?

May 27, 2008

Hi,

I sent my CV (with references and a passport sized photograph) to WA DET on Sunday evening, to be considered as a candidate under the 457 visa sponsorship program (to teach in a secondary school in a rural school in rural WA)

I got an Out-of-the-Office Autoresponder email saying the person was not back in the office until June 4th.

How long did other people wait for a reply from WA DET when they 1st sent their CVs?

Kind Regards,

Gary
Old May 28th 2008, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457, WA DET Sponsorship, How long after send CV?

Only a week or two. Have sent you pm.

Gems
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:32 am
Heading to WA

roamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gems
Only a week or two. Have sent you pm.

Gems
The best of luck Gary. I found the people I dealt with were really nice and the interview was straight forward. I'm down to go in January 09. Let us know how you get on.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Roamer.

Hope you enjoy WA, we love it. The sponsorship works for us.

Also remember it will be very hot here in January. Last xmas it was 44C

Gems
Old Jun 1st 2008, 1:30 pm
Heading to WA

roamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gems
Well done Roamer.

Hope you enjoy WA, we love it. The sponsorship works for us.

Also remember it will be very hot here in January. Last xmas it was 44C

Gems
So I heard! It'll be weird coming from a cold winter to that heat, but hopefully it won't take too long to adjust.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

lisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant future

Nice one roamer. Be sure to let us know how you find it.
Oh and gems, is it a dry heat or humid? And how much air con can we expect to enjoy?!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

garyjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nicegaryjames is just really nice

June 01, 2008

Hi Roamer,

Congratulations! You must be very relieved!

As a point of interest, can you recall how many days/weeks you had to wait from having the interview, to receiving confirmation that DET was willing to sponsor you?

Kind Regards,

Gary

Originally Posted by roamer25
The best of luck Gary. I found the people I dealt with were really nice and the interview was straight forward. I'm down to go in January 09. Let us know how you get on.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hello again Roamer,

One other thing...during/after your interview was there ever any talk about you starting work in July or September, or was January the earliest start date on offer?

Kind Regards,

Gary
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:52 pm
Heading to WA

Thanks gary. Sent you a PM.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

chedac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am new to the site and I am still working out how it all works, but I saw your post, about going to perth in Jan 09, I am also going on the 457 route starting in Jan. So I will see you there.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Thanks for the message. Much appreciated.

I have just sent you a reply by email.

Kind Regards,

Gary
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 9:22 pm
Heading to WA

Originally Posted by chedac
Hi, I am new to the site and I am still working out how it all works, but I saw your post, about going to perth in Jan 09, I am also going on the 457 route starting in Jan. So I will see you there.
Hey chedac,

Congrats. All very frightening but exciting eh?

What subject do you teach?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Craig and Cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Guys

We too were thinking about going down the 457 route. What subjects are they after? I teach English and my wife ICT. Is there a shortage of those subjects do you know?

What subjects do you chaps teach?
Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:35 am
Heading to WA

Hi Craig and Cat,

I teach English. English isn't on the shortage list for every state in Oz, but was on the WA one. This is the best place to start for the WA Sponsored Visa:
http://www.det.wa.edu.au/teachingwa/...seas-teachers/
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

samjo15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Craig and Cat,

I teach English. English isn't on the shortage list for every state in Oz, but was on the WA one. This is the best place to start for the WA Sponsored Visa:
http://www.det.wa.edu.au/teachingwa/...seas-teachers/
what about maths?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.