457 October Interviews

Old Oct 19th 2008, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Chocs away has a spectacular aura aboutChocs away has a spectacular aura aboutChocs away has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 457 October Interviews -Gems

Is there anything I could glean from you regarding the 457 primary teaching interview? Interviews for posts here in the UK are nerve wracking enough, without the added pressure of a life changing decision on top! I have one tomorrow in Leeds. I am assured it is very informal, but am still so very anxious Any advice greatly appreciated
Old Oct 19th 2008, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

covphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Chocs away
Is there anything I could glean from you regarding the 457 primary teaching interview? Interviews for posts here in the UK are nerve wracking enough, without the added pressure of a life changing decision on top! I have one tomorrow in Leeds. I am assured it is very informal, but am still so very anxious Any advice greatly appreciated
OH had hers last week she said the main things she was asked about were planning, assessing, reporting and another question was about how you (and your family if you have one) would integrate in a new community,

hope this helps and good luck tomorrow
Old Oct 19th 2008, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Chocs away has a spectacular aura aboutChocs away has a spectacular aura aboutChocs away has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 457 October Interviews

Thanks for the info. Along the lines of what I thought but it's that word 'interview' that strikes the fear of god into me every time! Anyway this time tomorrow it'll be all over (or just beginning )
Old Oct 19th 2008, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

My OH has one tomorrow morning. When we spoke to lady interviewing her, seemed pretty relaxed, 20 minutes and it's all over
Not looking forward to the 4 week wait I have to admit
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Um yes that would be me dear lol
Old Oct 20th 2008, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have to say that following an interview - it was very relaxed but also the interviewier knew exactly what they were after. I really dont think it mattered how many people knew what the questions were going to be, or how nervous you were. Just so long as you were honest about your teaching. I was told that all paperwork had to be back in Perth before a decision would be made and that there were hundreds of interviews taking place.... hence the minimum of a 4 week wait as the interview team were moving around UK for a month. Seems if all your qualification checks and references have been sorted by the time the interview results get back to Perth, the quicker you will know. Fingers crossed for everyone!!
Old Oct 20th 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Um yes that would be me dear lol
Oh hello
Old Oct 20th 2008, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Hello . Interview was relaxed and informal and had a great chat at the end of the questions. All my paperwork was done earlier this month so there should be no hold ups when back in Perth hopefully.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Well done everyone who had interviews.
Dont forget to let us all know what town you get allocated.

For those coming in January, it was 37C in the mid west the last two days! So Ive been sitting with air con on all day. So start buying those shorts and summer clothes.

Gems
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Briar
Well I have to say that following an interview - it was very relaxed but also the interviewier knew exactly what they were after. I really dont think it mattered how many people knew what the questions were going to be, or how nervous you were. Just so long as you were honest about your teaching. I was told that all paperwork had to be back in Perth before a decision would be made and that there were hundreds of interviews taking place.... hence the minimum of a 4 week wait as the interview team were moving around UK for a month. Seems if all your qualification checks and references have been sorted by the time the interview results get back to Perth, the quicker you will know. Fingers crossed for everyone!!
Wonder what happened to all the other people who had interviews in Leeds?

Will update on here when we hear something, roll on November
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

derekgoforth is an unknown quantity at this point

had my interview on Monday, bit of a stressful start as the hotel staff didnt bother to tell the interviewers that myslef or another person had arrived,(we were both 45mins early as well!!!) so the interview ended up starting 15mins late. Interviewer was lovely and put me completly at ease, real credit to how they do it. Allowed to elaborate,(waffle) on all answers which made the experience seem more like two teachers talking rather than an interview. Still nervous though , you never know what they are looking for, hopefully I tick all their boxes. Roll on four weeks, then if we are put fwd for sponsership the real panic will set in!!!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

lekkilizard is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by derekgoforth
had my interview on Monday, bit of a stressful start as the hotel staff didnt bother to tell the interviewers that myslef or another person had arrived,(we were both 45mins early as well!!!) so the interview ended up starting 15mins late. Interviewer was lovely and put me completly at ease, real credit to how they do it. Allowed to elaborate,(waffle) on all answers which made the experience seem more like two teachers talking rather than an interview. Still nervous though , you never know what they are looking for, hopefully I tick all their boxes. Roll on four weeks, then if we are put fwd for sponsership the real panic will set in!!!!!
Glad to hear all went well Derek.

Try not to bite fingers to the bone over the next few weeks.

Jan 09 arrivals getting closer to realising the dream. Shipping sorted, Flights booked, Meds done, WACOT reg sent off, DET Docs sent. Just waiting on DIAC to issue TRN numbers any day now!! Visas should be granted mid Dec!!!

Fingers and toes crossed for you and Leah and all others

Nxx

Last edited by lekkilizard; Oct 22nd 2008 at 5:31 pm. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 5:51 pm
Account Closed

derekgoforth is an unknown quantity at this point

diac to issure trn numbers,??? eh?

cant help worrying i guess, my main concern is, and will be i guess the house, selling it in todays climate or risking renting it out with the ptential hassles that may bring

all the best to anyone going out in jabuary, be nice to be in contact with people fresh into the scheme
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Could mean teacher registration number? There's so many different acronyms that it's difficult to remember them all - just like in UK teaching
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 7:22 pm
Heading to WA

roamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really nice

Hey all,

TRN is nothing to do with teaching - It's your Transaction Reference Number, i.e. your visa number.

DIAC = Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.