457 October Interviews

Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 October Interviews

Originally Posted by leeh36
Me too

When are you hoping to go over?
Would be January 2010, as Primary not Secondary.

Will give us plenty of time to save up and do a life laundry lol.

Only issue will be wishing time away, first interview then (I believe) 4 weeks to find out if successful, then a year to fly out
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

leeh36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes,
Time does creep up on you doesn't it.

Do they not let us know on the day then? oh well more waiting
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leeh36
Yes,
Time does creep up on you doesn't it.

Do they not let us know on the day then? oh well more waiting
Have been told it's 4 weeks . Wasn't expecting same day, but 2 weeks max would have been far easier to come to terms with! But if it's 4 weeks it's 4 weeks.
I'm hoping Gems will confirm this?
Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

We were told same day, but was telephone conference. Also the scheme was new.
We were given the impression they do a lot of the deciding sifting through CVs, reference etc. As they told us that the interview was a legal requirement, and it was more to check we wanted to come and knew what we were undertaking. You will be amazed how many people think they are moving to Perth city or Bunbury on the scheme.
Also so they could ask a few questions regarding experience to fit us to right school.

Gems
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

I was told interviews were held over a few weeks in UK and it wasnt until the interview team had got back to WA with all the paperwork that applicatons would be assessed. Seems if you have done the paperwork up front before interview (resume, reference check, quals check, IELTS check if from a non-english speaking country) you will hear quicker than if you havent gone through the checks first. Have heard they keep refining the process so they only interview who they really need. Getting much tougher as it seemed they took everyone and anyone at one stage. Should have gone for it then, but a colleague now working in WA tells me that they had lots of people pull out and that is why they look at applications much closer now. Seems everyone I speak to these days has an application in too, so I expect WA ED Dept are in the position of being able to pick and choose who they want.

Good Luck everyone with your interviews!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Briar
I was told interviews were held over a few weeks in UK and it wasnt until the interview team had got back to WA with all the paperwork that applicatons would be assessed. Seems if you have done the paperwork up front before interview (resume, reference check, quals check, IELTS check if from a non-english speaking country) you will hear quicker than if you havent gone through the checks first. Have heard they keep refining the process so they only interview who they really need. Getting much tougher as it seemed they took everyone and anyone at one stage. Should have gone for it then, but a colleague now working in WA tells me that they had lots of people pull out and that is why they look at applications much closer now. Seems everyone I speak to these days has an application in too, so I expect WA ED Dept are in the position of being able to pick and choose who they want.

Good Luck everyone with your interviews!
I wonder why people back out? I mean it's no secret that you can't pick where you live and that ties with the UK/family will be broken. We can't wait to go and I hope this comes across in the interview
Old Oct 11th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Reason I know of are: the wife refused to move to Australia!
They wanted Melbourne, but applied anyway!

Its a big move, so not everyone is 100%. You also get someone in every group who only lasts a few weeks. You can usually spot them as unsure even in Perth.

Gems
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

Gems - maybe they should have you on the interviewing panel!
Old Oct 11th 2008, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

derekgoforth is an unknown quantity at this point

got my interview in Leeds in a week, also got two free passes to the expo in leeds through the post. really nice gesture, didnt even ask for them and will say a few quid.

am i correct in thinking they are not inviting all who applied to the interviews? has anyone applied and not been invited to interview,(guess u might not want to share that info, does anyone know of anyone in this situation?)

anyone else got an interview in leeds?
Old Oct 11th 2008, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by derekgoforth
got my interview in Leeds in a week, also got two free passes to the expo in leeds through the post. really nice gesture, didnt even ask for them and will say a few quid.

am i correct in thinking they are not inviting all who applied to the interviews? has anyone applied and not been invited to interview,(guess u might not want to share that info, does anyone know of anyone in this situation?)

anyone else got an interview in leeds?
We got free passes today, day after we bought 2.
Interview on Monday
Old Oct 12th 2008, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

leeh36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with the interviews guys
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

covphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant future

OH had interview today in Coventry, we only found out about them at last weekend at the stoneleigh immigration expo. She thinks she has done ok and the interviewer was really friendly and explained the whole process thoroughly, and said she would find out in about 4 weeks. The thing is we have already lodged our 175 visa, so are we right in saying we wouldn't need a457 visa if OH was offered a job
Old Oct 14th 2008, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by covphoenix
OH had interview today in Coventry, we only found out about them at last weekend at the stoneleigh immigration expo. She thinks she has done ok and the interviewer was really friendly and explained the whole process thoroughly, and said she would find out in about 4 weeks. The thing is we have already lodged our 175 visa, so are we right in saying we wouldn't need a457 visa if OH was offered a job
As job is attached to sponsor, I'd ask them if I were you

Would be very difficult question to answer unless you knew all the conditions or had done the same in the past . Send them an email and see what they say
Would you cancel 175 if told it's 457 or nothing?
Old Oct 15th 2008, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Cov

I understood the interviews in UK were purely for Visa 457 sponsorship and if you were going for an independent visa, the interiews werent for you.
Maybe you should check with Teaching WA on [email protected] as I think they have something to do with the co-ordination of interviews in UK...
Old Oct 15th 2008, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

covphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
As job is attached to sponsor, I'd ask them if I were you

Would be very difficult question to answer unless you knew all the conditions or had done the same in the past . Send them an email and see what they say
Would you cancel 175 if told it's 457 or nothing?
Think we'll wait till we hear in four weeks how OH got on and then start asking the questions.

Would we cancel 175? thats a big question, i guess we will have to weigh up the pros and cons for each visa what would you do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.