136 visa

Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:39 pm
missapps

missapps will become famous soon enough
Default 136 visa

Hello again all my very helpful friends on here, how are you all getting on with your dreams??

Ok, sorry another enquiry.

Good news, my teaching skills assessment certificate arrived this morning!!! Yeah some positive- happy as larry! No problems with it and early- only took 3 weeks-ish!!!

Right now for the dilemma, after finding out the Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 136)costs £860 phew a lot less than the feared £3500, i am undecided what to do.
I qualify for the above with my skills and points but wont know if i want migration unitil i have spent a year in australia anyway. now im thinking logically and reading a few more posts on various sites, am i doing the right thing applying for a 136??
I def dont want a working holiday visa, because if im lucky enough to find a teaching position after a few months of supply, that will extend the 6 month allowance on the WHV i will have to leave that employer and get a new job only to stay again for 6 months- very unprofession i feel and i really want to leave my options open.
But, what if i pay for the 136 visa and only stay for a year??
basically can someone advise me what to do?
I have the skills assessment certificate now so can teach, will register with Perth as im going to Butler-no chance of changing that but dont know what visa to go for?are there only 2 choices- 6 months in one school, and then leave, or get the permanent visa and take chance i might have wasted a lot of money on a pipe dream??
Sorry for such a silly request but i value each persons views and advice in this forum so any assistance greatly appreciated as always xxxxx
Laura xxx
p.s. As usual, WS99 and Australia_bound you are both darlings!!!

Cheers again, anyone needing help with teaching australia certificates im now the lay to ask!!! He he hope i can help, im always on the receiving end!!
Old Apr 28th 2007, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 136 visa

Firstly well done on getting the application through- thats one big hurdle passed.

Secondly its really hard to say whihc visa is best for you as you always sound undecided about staying out in oz. However if you think that you may want to stay there then definately go for the 136, £860 may sound like a lot of money, but if you have to uproute, go back home and then reapply after having a WHV and deciding to extend it then this will cost much more in the long run.

Have you considered doing a job swap for a year with an australian teacher. Basically you swap jobs, houses etc for a year then come back to your normal life. It would give you a good insight into the aussie way of life and help you decide if you want to apply for a 136 on your way back.

Or you could go somewhere like Western Australia where the government will sponser you on a 2 year temp visa if you work in a rural area of their choosing. At the end of this 2 years they will sponser you for perm residence without having to leave.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missapps
Hello again all my very helpful friends on here, how are you all getting on with your dreams??

Ok, sorry another enquiry.

Good news, my teaching skills assessment certificate arrived this morning!!! Yeah some positive- happy as larry! No problems with it and early- only took 3 weeks-ish!!!

Right now for the dilemma, after finding out the Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 136)costs £860 phew a lot less than the feared £3500, i am undecided what to do.
I qualify for the above with my skills and points but wont know if i want migration unitil i have spent a year in australia anyway. now im thinking logically and reading a few more posts on various sites, am i doing the right thing applying for a 136??
I def dont want a working holiday visa, because if im lucky enough to find a teaching position after a few months of supply, that will extend the 6 month allowance on the WHV i will have to leave that employer and get a new job only to stay again for 6 months- very unprofession i feel and i really want to leave my options open.
But, what if i pay for the 136 visa and only stay for a year??
basically can someone advise me what to do?
I have the skills assessment certificate now so can teach, will register with Perth as im going to Butler-no chance of changing that but dont know what visa to go for?are there only 2 choices- 6 months in one school, and then leave, or get the permanent visa and take chance i might have wasted a lot of money on a pipe dream??
Sorry for such a silly request but i value each persons views and advice in this forum so any assistance greatly appreciated as always xxxxx
Laura xxx
p.s. As usual, WS99 and Australia_bound you are both darlings!!!

Cheers again, anyone needing help with teaching australia certificates im now the lay to ask!!! He he hope i can help, im always on the receiving end!!
Hello Laura

Would say 136 is the way to go.

What's a grand? Doesn't really buy a lot if you think about it, maybe a good holiday for one?

Not going to say anymore, as you're over stressing, again!
Old Apr 29th 2007, 3:42 pm
missapps

Thanks hereshopping and Austbound, you're both right and i know that all along, its not that im unsure, it just makes it so definite and i guess i didnt research properly abot the types of visas available!!

Prices were not mentioned so much on these posts and i read it would be cheaper somewhere!! Anyway all i wanted to do was teach in perth for a year, travel around parts with cheaper domestic flights making most of it and decide out there, which is a sensible choice-no?? Have you both been out there with your families and decided afterwards that you want permanent visas?? I know its only a grand and i will manage that money, but dont wanna waste it if i could do another option to just teach out there for a year- who knows what the future holds?? Oh anyway im on here too much worrying!!! as you quite rightly say **************!!! but i did want your advice!!!
hereshopping im only 25, so dont have mortgage to offer houseswap, and although my job is not permanent ive just had my contract extended every year!!! they offer me the permanent job when i tell them im leaving!!!
so that is not viable option.
anyway, have emailed australia house/embassy about getting WHV and getting sponsored by schools out there, to change it to 126 thingy or if i can get a 126 on a WHV whilst im there by paying so shall see if any more options arise!!!

Anyway- i do go on- how the bloody hell are you both getting on- you didnt answer originally???
xxx Laura
Old Apr 29th 2007, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Thanks hereshopping and Austbound, you're both right and i know that all along, its not that im unsure, it just makes it so definite and i guess i didnt research properly abot the types of visas available!!

Prices were not mentioned so much on these posts and i read it would be cheaper somewhere!! Anyway all i wanted to do was teach in perth for a year, travel around parts with cheaper domestic flights making most of it and decide out there, which is a sensible choice-no?? Have you both been out there with your families and decided afterwards that you want permanent visas?? I know its only a grand and i will manage that money, but dont wanna waste it if i could do another option to just teach out there for a year- who knows what the future holds?? Oh anyway im on here too much worrying!!! as you quite rightly say **************!!! but i did want your advice!!!
hereshopping im only 25, so dont have mortgage to offer houseswap, and although my job is not permanent ive just had my contract extended every year!!! they offer me the permanent job when i tell them im leaving!!!
anyway, have emailed australia house/embassy about getting WHV and getting sponsored by schools out there, to change it to 126 thingy or if i can get a 126 on a WHV whilst im there by paying so shall see if any more options arise!!!

Anyway- i do go on- how the bloody hell are you both getting on- you didnt answer originally???
xxx Laura
I honestly think you would struggle to get an australian school to sponser you unless you are in a real shortage area and go to an area of need. But if you;re prepared to take the chance of coming back and going through the whole application process and then reaplying then that is an option. Remember though that the teaching australia assessment is only valid for a year for immigration purposes so if you did want to stay you would have to get that done again.

personally i have alwasy known that i didn't want to live in the UK my whole life, my husband spent 18 months living in oz before we met and he loved it. I've only ever spent 1 month on holiday out there- so i'm taking a bit of a chance, but i'm pretty adaptable and we can always come back. Visa wise we're in a frustrating place at the moment, had the assessment done fine but we have to wait until July to apply as by then we'll have been teaching for 3 years so can claim 10 extra points that we need. I'm not a patient person so this isn't good for me, but we're getting everything in order so it will leave our house on the 1st July and no later
Old Apr 29th 2007, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

xxx Laura
Hi Laura

Personally I think, you are pursuing the best route available to you! Go for it and enjoy the ride, nothing wrong with going for a year and taking it from there, just would be a shame if you decided that you wanted to settle there then had to come back and go through visa process once more!

You could look at getting sponsored, but I very much doubt anything would come of it (you wouldn't be the first to have looked into this!). Try asking the agents on the immigration forum, or do as I did and speak to an agent and get them to tell you what you can or can't do (cost me the princely sum of £20 for mine, got stacks of info and loads of options). Sorry if my lasts post to abrupt, wasn't meaning it to be

Yes been to Aus and have wanted to go there for as long as I remember really, is an itch I must scratch (can always come back if it don't work out). When we get there again who knows, but quiet enjoy my life and Australia isn't going anywhere and not exactly got one foot in the grave

xx
Old Apr 30th 2007, 5:17 pm
missapps

Hello again, thanks AGAIn for all your advice.
forgot about the skills assessment running out in a year, does that mean it will run out from the date stamped on it?? im not going til january 08 thought i was being organised, if not thats rubbish!!!
Got a three page long reply from australia house/embassy, that says you can apply for 136/126 visa (forgot it again!!!) while you're out there as long as you havent had a visa rejected and you have the neccessary work experience- the three years teaching experience you're quoting i think hereshopping?? well i have that in july so think im gonna have to go for the working hol visa, just to see. Im unsure about the permanent residency and know that sponsorship is highly unlikely, but at least if i really want to come back and start again i know where im going, what for and that the money is worth it. Im unhappy in my school at the moment-and worried that grass really isnt greener, all that money?? not sure i can afford it!!
Anyway as long as i can teach in australian schools on WHV and get the neccessary oz experience im going and have dreamt for thats all that matters to me.
Its different and more fustrating circumstances for you both and im sorry about that- BUt you both know what you want- and are very optomistic so cant see any problems arising with such positive attitudes. good luck with all the requirements and thanks again.
Austbound- will def post my question on immigration forum to agent- what a bloody good idea- cheers!!!
love to all
laura xxx
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:34 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Laura,

Congratulations getting the skills assessment!

I would seriously recommend applying for a 136 now. I know you don't plan to stay out in Australia but you might decide too.

One of the requirements for a PR skilled visa is 12 months out of the last 18 of work experience of >20hrs/week. If you go out on a WHV then don't work for a few months you won't then meet the requirements.

I agree sponsorship would be unlikely, or WA might sponsor you for a temp visa if you work in a regional area (great!).

I am/was in exactly the same situation as you, and ALL the agents I spoke to recommended applying whilst I could. Also in September 2007 you either lose 5 points, or have to sit the IELTS test.

I would submit a 136 application now (whilst you meet the requirements) then go out on a WHV. When its granted you just leave Australia for a week to get the visa granted.

Last edited by WS; Apr 30th 2007 at 8:42 pm.
Old May 1st 2007, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ws99
Laura,

Congratulations getting the skills assessment!

I would seriously recommend applying for a 136 now. I know you don't plan to stay out in Australia but you might decide too.

One of the requirements for a PR skilled visa is 12 months out of the last 18 of work experience of >20hrs/week. If you go out on a WHV then don't work for a few months you won't then meet the requirements.

I agree sponsorship would be unlikely, or WA might sponsor you for a temp visa if you work in a regional area (great!).

I am/was in exactly the same situation as you, and ALL the agents I spoke to recommended applying whilst I could. Also in September 2007 you either lose 5 points, or have to sit the IELTS test.

I would submit a 136 application now (whilst you meet the requirements) then go out on a WHV. When its granted you just leave Australia for a week to get the visa granted.

I agree apply now while you have the points and a possibility of getting the visa. If you decide you want to go later and they have changed the points so you can't get PR you'll be kicking yourself!
Old May 1st 2007, 7:53 pm
missapps

If i'm not going til january, (i'm going to work on a cruise ship for 6 months in the caribbean when my teaching contract ends in july) then should i still apply for 136 visa now? i am scared cos got my teaching skills assessment through dated april 19th 2007 so will it run out in april when im there and how do i renew it by going through whole thing again?? and if i have to apply for that visa now, will they want the £860 now too?? uh oh- dont have it yet, was gonna go on ship to earn the last pennies, sorry to burden you all with the financial aspect, i really havent thought this through properly have i?? thats what happens when a single 25 yr old blonde woman applies for visa!!!!
duh0 i know im being paranoid- what do i do?? just borrow so i can get it now??
ah help again much needed as i do really listen to all your fab advice!! i even quote you guys to my colleagues at work who ask everyday- hows australia coming along?? "well the expats guys say....!!!" he he, you're all with me 24/7!!!
love ya all
laura xxxx
Old May 1st 2007, 9:05 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Laura,

Yes, I would apply now whilst your eligible and borrow the money if you have to. They will take the £860ish about 4 weeks after they get your application.

As long as your skills assessment is in date when they receive your application, it will be ok.

You have to have 12 months out of the last 18 months teaching, so if you go away on a cruise ship for any longer than 6 months (and they count it to the day!) you're not eligible.

Also after 1st Sept you only get 15 points for english language so that means more hassle and expense to sit a IELTS to claim more points.
Old May 1st 2007, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

If i'm not going til january, (i'm going to work on a cruise ship for 6 months in the caribbean when my teaching contract ends in july) then should i still apply for 136 visa now? i am scared cos got my teaching skills assessment through dated april 19th 2007 so will it run out in april when im there and how do i renew it by going through whole thing again?? and if i have to apply for that visa now, will they want the £860 now too?? uh oh- dont have it yet, was gonna go on ship to earn the last pennies, sorry to burden you all with the financial aspect, i really havent thought this through properly have i?? thats what happens when a single 25 yr old blonde woman applies for visa!!!!
duh0 i know im being paranoid- what do i do?? just borrow so i can get it now??
ah help again much needed as i do really listen to all your fab advice!! i even quote you guys to my colleagues at work who ask everyday- hows australia coming along?? "well the expats guys say....!!!" he he, you're all with me 24/7!!!
love ya all
laura xxxx
Hi again Laura.

Getting yourself in a state over this! As said before go for the 136 visa, honestly is your best option. Think you're going to have to trust us other posters on this one

Good luck sweetheart, you'll be fine xx
Old May 2nd 2007, 6:35 am
WS

Just do it! I know its £850-ish but you'll feel very upset if you leave it then in a few months aren't eligible (I would be!!!)

If you get the visa, validate it, then leave Oz you have FIVE years to return.

And if you still don't want to be in Oz, it will expire then you can apply for anohter one .
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:23 pm
missapps

Ok, i'm going for it. Or i'll never hear the end of it from you lot!!!!

right, Ok, so will post on immigration this question too but:-
-australian skills assessment only week old, so could apply in july ok?
-IIn july, will have been teaching at my school for 18 months inclusing holidays. but extra 16 months at old school inclusive of holidays. So can i apply in july then?
- will def have money in july, so apply, money comes out in august when im on ship, but when i apply in july, i can sort out all the relevant documents before then yeah??
-hopefully visa will come through by january, or bit later and so i will leave the moment i get back from ship -end of december-and flight is booked yeah?/
Hope that makes sense?
When will i have to get the police checks-Australian ones i presume? and medical from their doctors?? Also have to get both of them done for the ship will they be valid or do i have to get it done again?
Sorry, i do take you advice promise, which is why im deciding to go for it.
Can i just say, when i finally get there- you are all cordially invited for a glass or two of wine/tea whatever takes you fancy- cos you all bloody deserve it for being so patient with me!!!
Hope these questions clear!!!??/
laura again!!! xxxx
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:33 pm
missapps

Oh just had a thought!!!
Why dont we have a whip round for me?? that way i can easily afford the £860!!!

The' Apps australian fund society'
Or
The Jack daniels lover society!!!
He he what do you think???

xxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.