12 out of 18 month

Old May 14th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 12 out of 18 month

Originally Posted by clairepete
Hi Guys, I posted on this thread in September and I'm still slowly clocking up the days as a supply teacher BUT I'm not any clearer on some of the above questions...thought I would bump it incase anyone new saw it and could help . I DO know that an average of hours worked is NOT accepted and has to be 20 hrs per week. I guess the main questions are 1. How many hours in one supply day classed as? 2. How can I prove 20 hours when my monthly wage slip doesn't detail which days were worked in which week?

Hope someone can help me 6 months on!!!

xx
How come you get monthly on supply? Thought it was all weekly? If you have details of hours worked on which days and this can be verified by agency then no problem. Think we'll reply on the 12 out of 18 as will clock up tjhe required hours by September 2009 no worries or maybe will have full time job in the near future.
Old May 14th 2008, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

clairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really nice

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
How come you get monthly on supply? Thought it was all weekly? If you have details of hours worked on which days and this can be verified by agency then no problem. Think we'll reply on the 12 out of 18 as will clock up tjhe required hours by September 2009 no worries or maybe will have full time job in the near future.
I work for my LEA, its like an agency but I get paid monthly like all the other teachers.
Old May 15th 2008, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

I work for my LEA, its like an agency but I get paid monthly like all the other teachers.
The LEA will have records of whereyou have worked and when which you are entitled to ask for -though you may have to pay a fee for the previlage.
Old May 15th 2008, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Guys, I posted on this thread in September and I'm still slowly clocking up the days as a supply teacher BUT I'm not any clearer on some of the above questions...thought I would bump it incase anyone new saw it and could help . I DO know that an average of hours worked is NOT accepted and has to be 20 hrs per week. I guess the main questions are 1. How many hours in one supply day classed as? 2. How can I prove 20 hours when my monthly wage slip doesn't detail which days were worked in which week?

Hope someone can help me 6 months on!!!

xx
Thought I could help as been there ,done it, got the t-shirt!!!
I got my visa through mostly supply teaching . An average of hours is Not accepted.

Basically each day equates to 6.5 - so had to work over 3 and a half days a week.
I made sure that I had 52 weeks of supply wages from my council that had more than 20 hours pay on.Supply teaching in Nottingham used to be paid weekly!Each payslip had the week worked . This took me about 16 months to get.
As my teaching was done at the same school I got the head to write down the hours I'd worked week by week - she took my word for it!
If you are working for an agency - get them to break it down for you - they are making enough out of you.
I thought I may have problems - but was fine. I used an agent which was well worth the money
Nick
x
Old May 15th 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

clairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nick11
Thought I could help as been there ,done it, got the t-shirt!!!
I got my visa through mostly supply teaching . An average of hours is Not accepted.

Basically each day equates to 6.5 - so had to work over 3 and a half days a week.
I made sure that I had 52 weeks of supply wages from my council that had more than 20 hours pay on.Supply teaching in Nottingham used to be paid weekly!Each payslip had the week worked . This took me about 16 months to get.
As my teaching was done at the same school I got the head to write down the hours I'd worked week by week - she took my word for it!
If you are working for an agency - get them to break it down for you - they are making enough out of you.
I thought I may have problems - but was fine. I used an agent which was well worth the money
Nick
x
Thanks for that Nick...but what a pain that 3 days work leaves us half an hour short for the 20 hours minimum!!! Just a quick question...why did you also have to get the head to write the weekly hours down if they were detailed on your wageslips? Or were you just covering all eventualities???
Old May 15th 2008, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for that Nick...but what a pain that 3 days work leaves us half an hour short for the 20 hours minimum!!! Just a quick question...why did you also have to get the head to write the weekly hours down if they were detailed on your wageslips? Or were you just covering all eventualities???
I covered every base just in case - there were weeks when I worked under 20 hours - but didn't count them.
I figured I had worked the hours - so would send as much evidence in as I could find.
It was a really tight call - I put my application in within a week short of the 18 months. Any later and I wouldn't have got the 52 weeks.
It is a stupid stupid situation to be in.
And what's worse - there aren't even any teaching jobs here!!!!!!
I'm working in a childrens centre - unqualifed - as my degree is 3-8 and doesn't include 0-2 at $19.45 an hour!!!!!!!!!
But I really love it - no stress, no planning and quality time with kids.
Nick