Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!

Old Apr 28th 2012, 4:35 pm   #16081
Premium Member

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has pissed you off today

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyabs
Getting too hot to work outside.
humidity is still fairly low here but mosquitos have woken up
Old Apr 28th 2012, 7:41 pm   #16082
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyabs
Getting too hot to work outside.
lucky you! seems like we are back in winter it's bloody freezing here!
Old Apr 29th 2012, 11:45 am   #16083

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Remembered it was my niece's birthday yesterday or whenever the 28th was . Couldn't send a card, she's recently moved to Bogota and I've no idea of her address so I posted on her FB. Looked this evening, no one else has posted; none of our family, none of her friends, nothing. I feel gutted. She may not care, don't know but I damn well do. What's my sister playing at, and her other daughter at least?

The Recipe Thread Index:
moneypenny20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th 2012, 11:58 am   #16084
Premium Member

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Bought new curtains for the front lounge, got them home and hand washed the in cold water like the instructions said. Anyway, when I hung them they had shrunk by about 8". Now they're too bloody short and I'm going to have to shell out for another pair.
Dorothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th 2012, 12:01 pm   #16085

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy
Bought new curtains for the front lounge, got them home and hand washed the in cold water like the instructions said. Anyway, when I hung them they had shrunk by about 8". Now they're too bloody short and I'm going to have to shell out for another pair.
Can't you take them back? You've followed their directions and 8 inches is a hell of a lot Did they shrink the same amount?

The Recipe Thread Index:
Old Apr 29th 2012, 12:07 pm   #16086
Premium Member

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Can't you take them back? You've followed their directions and 8 inches is a hell of a lot Did they shrink the same amount?
No, they're all wonky and stupid looking now. The trouble is that all our windows are floor to ceiling so I can't even hem them and use them on another window! Cheap Spotlight shit. Guess that'll teach me to buy crap in the first place.
Dorothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th 2012, 12:19 pm   #16087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy
No, they're all wonky and stupid looking now. The trouble is that all our windows are floor to ceiling so I can't even hem them and use them on another window! Cheap Spotlight shit. Guess that'll teach me to buy crap in the first place.
Ahh, Spotlight. Scary place full of crap. Look for anything decent and they look confused. Try to steer clear, and have a bit of a panic if I have to go in there for something stupid that I can't find in Kmart.

The Recipe Thread Index:
Old Apr 29th 2012, 10:01 pm   #16088
Forum Regular

M.ZIZO is an unknown quantity at this point

being lonely in the week end and in my day off
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:44 am   #16089
On the internet

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.ZIZO
being lonely in the week end and in my day off
More efen rain. Enough already. April done and 3 70F days since october.
Beaverstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:24 pm   #16090
Premium Member

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Off to "no internet use" at work again!.

No real problem with that as I can use my fancy phone.....but...to connect and post anything I have to stand outside in the parking lot

Old Apr 30th 2012, 4:35 pm   #16091
Premium Member

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Off to "no internet use" at work again!.

No real problem with that as I can use my fancy phone.....but...to connect and post anything I have to stand outside in the parking lot

I can sympathize, I had that problem when I worked in the office, but I only had a crappy payg phone so could only read posts as it was too much hassle replying. Now I work from home I have BE, FB, and BBC radio streaming all day. Bliss One of the reasons I don't want to go back and work in a real office, virtual people are much better than real ones.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 9:15 pm   #16092
Premium Member

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter decided to cash in her piggy banks; that means, get me to count all those coins.

$154.50! Built up from MY lose change, if only I was more organized I could be buying myself something. She will probably clutter the house up with 15 more Barbie dolls.

That's it for me and not keeping a check on the change. Things are going to change in this household.
kimilseung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th 2012, 9:22 pm   #16093
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimilseung
Things are going to change in this household.
Of course they are.

Uncle Ebenezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th 2012, 9:23 pm   #16094
WTF?
Premium Member

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimilseung
My daughter decided to cash in her piggy banks; that means, get me to count all those coins.

$154.50! Built up from MY lose change, if only I was more organized I could be buying myself something. She will probably clutter the house up with 15 more Barbie dolls.

That's it for me and not keeping a check on the change. Things are going to change in this household.
Barbie dolls are $10??

That's a helluva bargain.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 9:51 pm   #16095
Premium Member

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie
Barbie dolls are $10??

That's a helluva bargain.
I plan on encouraging her to get a Hunger Games Barbie. Then carnage amongst all Barbies and just one winner at the end.
kimilseung is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!