Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!

Old Apr 25th 2016, 6:06 pm   #91
dj6372 Male
FFS!

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
"Line to get gas"??? WTF!

Only at Costco!
Old Apr 25th 2016, 6:10 pm   #92
dj6372 Male
FFS!

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Marina del Rey is very close to Los Angeles, otherwise known as America's largest car park ...
Ah that would be the 405, a route I only use on the way to work, can do 75-80 early morning.
Coming home yup a car park that I avoid!!

But love I living in the Marina, so it has its good points.

Last edited by dj6372; Apr 25th 2016 at 6:12 pm.
dj6372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th 2016, 6:37 pm   #93
**** the FCC

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj6372 View Post
Ah that would be the 405, a route I only use on the way to work, can do 75-80 early morning.
Coming home yup a car park that I avoid!!
I am so spoiled that my commute is 20 minutes (can be half an hour in the morning if I catch all the school buses and miss a few lights) and that I have yet to see a line at the gas station

Quote:
But love I living in the Marina, so it has its good points.
Oh aye, I'd love to live on the California coast myself so you'll get no arguments from me there.

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th 2016, 11:43 pm   #94
dj6372 Male
FFS!

Quote:
I am so spoiled that my commute is 20 minutes (can be half an hour in the morning if I catch all the school buses and miss a few lights) and that I have yet to see a line at the gas station

Oh aye, I'd love to live on the California coast myself so you'll get no arguments from me there.

Commute is 33 miles, takes just over 30mins in the morning, I leave home at 4.30am, coming home about 3-4pmish takes an hour, for LA traffic that is not bad!!

My UK commute was 22 miles and that was an hour each way

FYI drove past Costco today and they were queuing to get into Gas/In and Out, I tootled past and went straight to the pumps at Shell.

As for Cali coast, yup love it, 5 mins on my bike to the beach
Old Apr 26th 2016, 2:15 am   #95
upsidedowner
Super Moderator

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I went to our Costco the other week, there were massive queues for fuel but no signs up saying how much it was. Confused me but then....

Anyway what pissed me off today was getting a message from my niece to tell me my nephew and his girlfriend had had a baby on the 22nd. First off last I heard they'd split up because he didn't want kids and she did and secondly I had no idea she was pregnant. My fault because I moved to Aus, I understand that but far out, my brother or his wife could possibly have mentioned it in passing during the phone calls we've shared in the past nine months.

The Recipe Thread Index:
moneypenny20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th 2016, 5:48 am   #96
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am so spoiled that my commute is 20 minutes (can be half an hour in the morning if I catch all the school buses and miss a few lights) and that I have yet to see a line at the gas station .
I can see my desk from my balcony. I don't even leave the building, the towers are connected by a podium. If I catch the lifts it's probably sub 3 minutes. About 115 paces through the car park.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 2:29 pm   #97
**** the FCC

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Commute is 33 miles, takes just over 30mins in the morning, I leave home at 4.30am, coming home about 3-4pmish takes an hour, for LA traffic that is not bad!!

My UK commute was 22 miles and that was an hour each way

FYI drove past Costco today and they were queuing to get into Gas/In and Out, I tootled past and went straight to the pumps at Shell.

As for Cali coast, yup love it, 5 mins on my bike to the beach
Mine's only 9 miles, but 85% of it is on 35 mph roads. I can do it in 15 minutes if there is no traffic and I hit all green lights though.

Why are people queuing for gas when there's an empty station down the road? That makes no sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I can see my desk from my balcony. I don't even leave the building, the towers are connected by a podium. If I catch the lifts it's probably sub 3 minutes. About 115 paces through the car park.
I can and do work from home on occasion but I prefer to come into the office because there's no TV in here ...

Old Apr 26th 2016, 2:37 pm   #98
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mine's only 9 miles, but 85% of it is on 35 mph roads. I can do it in 15 minutes if there is no traffic and I hit all green lights though.

Why are people queuing for gas when there's an empty station down the road? That makes no sense

I can and do work from home on occasion but I prefer to come into the office because there's no TV in here ...
You wouldn't have time to watch TV anyway...
Old Apr 26th 2016, 2:54 pm   #99
**** the FCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
You wouldn't have time to watch TV anyway...
If I stay on top of the paperwork as it comes in, you'd be surprised how much time I could find to watch TV

Old Apr 26th 2016, 3:14 pm   #100
dj6372 Male
FFS!

Quote:

50c a gallon cheaper, and its Murca, why would it make sense?
Old Apr 26th 2016, 3:46 pm   #101
**** the FCC

Quote:
50c a gallon cheaper, and its Murca, why would it make sense?
50c? That's quite a difference.

Your second point is a good one, though. Ah well, for now I will enjoy my gas pump queue free experience. I had enough of that when I was back home, when the petrol station just on the outskirts of Carrick was backed up three cars deep on a weekday afternoon.

Old Apr 26th 2016, 4:40 pm   #102
dj6372 Male
FFS!

Quote:
50c? That's quite a difference.

Your second point is a good one, though. Ah well, for now I will enjoy my gas pump queue free experience. I had enough of that when I was back home, when the petrol station just on the outskirts of Carrick was backed up three cars deep on a weekday afternoon.
Gas prices here are generally the most expensive across the US, so I can understand why people use Costco, my weekly fill up varies between $30-40 a week, so yeah I could probably save $3-4 a tank, can't be arsed though!
Old Apr 26th 2016, 4:47 pm   #103
**** the FCC

Quote:
Gas prices here are generally the most expensive across the US, so I can understand why people use Costco, my weekly fill up varies between $30-40 a week, so yeah I could probably save $3-4 a tank, can't be arsed though!
Yeah, your gas prices suck. It was $3.23 out there last year when it was in the $2.xx's back here. The best one was the gas station just inside Yosemite, where it was up over $4.00

Old Apr 27th 2016, 9:17 am   #104
BEVS 
BE Site Lead
Administrator

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

The way my husband has been treated by close members of his family following his Mum dying.

That really.

This is the man, my husband, that went home every year to help his Mum and his uncle. This is not cheap from Nz . It is very very expensive. Money was not the issue. Love was. Weeks at a time.

This is the couple that ensured his Mum and Uncle would be able to remain in their own home when the sister wanted them in a one bedroom flat for the very elderly & the dosh in a trust account in her kids name. The uncle was my age at the time.

This is the couple that took his Mum on hols when the sister would not do so.

This is the son and wife that paid for the Mum to upgrade her and her brother's new home after that new home was found by myself and my husband after their own home had to be compulsory purchased and the sister stated they could not have their own home.
That would be his late Mum RIp Jan 2016 and his uncle that he grew up with and whom he shared a bedroom for decades.

That man now says he does not want to hear from my husband again.

I am beyond shocked or despair or anything.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 10:47 am   #105
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
The way my husband has been treated by close members of his family following his Mum dying.

That really.

This is the man, my husband, that went home every year to help his Mum and his uncle. This is not cheap from Nz . It is very very expensive. Money was not the issue. Love was. Weeks at a time.

This is the couple that ensured his Mum and Uncle would be able to remain in their own home when the sister wanted them in a one bedroom flat for the very elderly & the dosh in a trust account in her kids name. The uncle was my age at the time.

This is the couple that took his Mum on hols when the sister would not do so.

This is the son and wife that paid for the Mum to upgrade her and her brother's new home after that new home was found by myself and my husband after their own home had to be compulsory purchased and the sister stated they could not have their own home.
That would be his late Mum RIp Jan 2016 and his uncle that he grew up with and whom he shared a bedroom for decades.

That man now says he does not want to hear from my husband again.

I am beyond shocked or despair or anything.
Oh BEVS Bugger all I can say to make the revolting behavior of those people any easier to take. But I hope you and your husband take some comfort from knowing that you have both always done the right thing, the honourable thing, the respectful thing.

Those who don't or won't understand or acknowledge this, those who are motivated solely by greed, malice and envy, truly don't deserve the respect or love of people such as yourselves. Keep the good people close BEVS, those who share you and your husband's values and generousity of heart and spirit, whether they're family or not. They're the ones who make life pleasant, happy, joyous.

Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!