Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!

Old Apr 23rd 2016, 11:53 am   #76
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has p*ssed you off today...part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly View Post
I refer you to post 66 and suggest we take it back to the EU thread rather than hog this one with our little tete a tete.
Actually, it's your tête a tête, I was only straightening you out on your threat assertions. Like the EU dictatorship "threat", this one also isn't a threat.

It's not unlike someone who would say, smash their TV because they didn't like what's on the news, then claim damages because of unfair practices of the broadcaster.

Last edited by amideislas; Apr 23rd 2016 at 1:51 pm.
amideislas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 8:58 pm   #77
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Actually, it's your tête a tête, I was only straightening you out on your threat assertions. Like the EU dictatorship "threat", this one also isn't a threat.

It's not unlike someone who would say, smash their TV because they didn't like what's on the news, then claim damages because of unfair practices of the broadcaster.
Simple Definition of threat. : a statement saying you will be harmed if you do not do what someone wants you to do. : someone or something that could cause trouble, harm, etc. : the possibility that something bad or harmful could happen.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 9:22 pm   #78
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Simple Definition of threat. : a statement saying you will be harmed if you do not do what someone wants you to do. : someone or something that could cause trouble, harm, etc. : the possibility that something bad or harmful could happen.
I have to correct you again. The statement was a reiteration if the same policy that's existed for decades, abd frankly, one that is completely sensible.

And, in the event of Britain choosing to effectively reduce its "footprint" in the world, naturally, there would be no particular motivation to negotiate any new trade agreement. They're already finalising one (after many years of negotiation) with the EU, one of the largest trading blocs in the world. Britain, separately, represents only a mere fraction of that.

It wasn't a threat, merely an explanation of how the world actually works. Something this debate could really use.

I know that seems unreasonable to you, and you want to spin it as a "threat", but that's simply how the world works. Obama was actually trying to tell us that, but we're so self-centered and still believe we're the dog's bollocks, we just can't accept it, even if it's the hard truth.

Last edited by amideislas; Apr 23rd 2016 at 9:30 pm.
amideislas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 9:25 pm   #79
Lt Col (Retd)
Premium Member

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Warning: a communication that if you do x then something bad may happen to you.

Threat: a communication that if you do x then I may do something bad to you.

I think Obama was giving a warning, not a threat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
.... in the event of Britain choosing to effectively reduce its "footprint" in the world, .....
I presume you mean by remaining part of the European Onion.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 23rd 2016 at 9:27 pm.
Pulaski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th 2016, 2:41 pm   #80
**** the FCC

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Cnuts who put items in a supermarket back on the wrong shelf , especially if they look just like what should be on the shelf, which is why we are having Apricot jam instead of Marmelade for breakfast, the jars are so similar we didn't notice until I opened it this morning.
I'm with you there. No store is so huge that you can't haul your fat arse back to the shelf you got an item from to put it back if you don't want it. I do that all the time.

Also, **** people who can't put trolleys back in the designated storage areas in the car park. Ever bloody day I see millions of lazy mother****ers who just dump them at their arse and drive off, often blocking a parking space. Twats.

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th 2016, 2:55 pm   #81
upsidedowner
Super Moderator

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I'm with you there. No store is so huge that you can't haul your fat arse back to the shelf you got an item from to put it back if you don't want it. I do that all the time.

Also, **** people who can't put trolleys back in the designated storage areas in the car park. Ever bloody day I see millions of lazy mother****ers who just dump them at their arse and drive off, often blocking a parking space. Twats.
Oh just shoving them in the vague direction and then ignoring the trolley crashing into the car parked next to the trolley park

The Recipe Thread Index:
moneypenny20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th 2016, 3:11 pm   #82
**** the FCC

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Oh just shoving them in the vague direction and then ignoring the trolley crashing into the car parked next to the trolley park
Oh yeah, I've seen that too. Or on windy days I've seen them slam into cars when I haven't had time to jump out of my own car to try to stop them rolling.

Then there's the people who sit right in the middle of the damn aisle, waiting for someone parked in the first few spaces to pack seventeen billion bags into their boot because it would just kill their delicate little feet to walk an extra 50 feet to the entrance of the store. **** them, too.

Don't get me started on the people who blatantly ignore the '15 items or less' signs in the express lane, or who take a fully stuffed trolley through the self checkout.

Old Apr 25th 2016, 3:20 pm   #83
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Don't get me started on the people who blatantly ignore the '15 items or less' signs in the express lane, or who take a fully stuffed trolley through the self checkout.
Serves you right for shopping in a supermarket that doesn't have "15 items or fewer" signs.
Old Apr 25th 2016, 3:26 pm   #84
**** the FCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Serves you right for shopping in a supermarket that doesn't have "15 items or fewer" signs.
'Murica ...

Old Apr 25th 2016, 3:44 pm   #85
Lt Col (Retd)
Premium Member

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh yeah, I've seen that too. Or on windy days I've seen them slam into cars when I haven't had time to jump out of my own car to try to stop them rolling.

Then there's the people who sit right in the middle of the damn aisle, waiting for someone parked in the first few spaces to pack seventeen billion bags into their boot because it would just kill their delicate little feet to walk an extra 50 feet to the entrance of the store. **** them, too.

You seem a bit tense today.

Happy Monday!
Old Apr 25th 2016, 3:52 pm   #86
**** the FCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
You seem a bit tense today.
Did a big shop over the weekend, this is just my normal way of blowing off steam. I've never been grocery shopping when the store isn't chock full of asshats, of course.

Quote:
Happy Monday!
A pleasant, yet non-eventful day named after the moon to you too.

Old Apr 25th 2016, 4:51 pm   #87
dj6372 Male
FFS!

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

The asshole city planner who decided to allow the building of a in and out next to the Costco Gas Station!!! The line to get gas was beyond a joke as it was!!

Now we have dopey birds taking burger orders on Ipads on the main road before you even turn into the disaster!!
Old Apr 25th 2016, 4:56 pm   #88
**** the FCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj6372 View Post
... taking burger orders on Ipads ...
Just kill me now. Please.

Old Apr 25th 2016, 5:24 pm   #89
Lt Col (Retd)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj6372 View Post
.... The line to get gas was beyond a joke ....
"Line to get gas"??? WTF!
Old Apr 25th 2016, 5:27 pm   #90
**** the FCC

Quote:
"Line to get gas"??? WTF!
Marina del Rey is very close to Los Angeles, otherwise known as America's largest car park ...

Not everyone is lucky enough to live in quiet towns like us

Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!