Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!

Old Oct 4th 2017, 4:56 pm   #121
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tories in chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by iano View Post
Well, well, well, Theresa May espouses one nation conservatism, wasn't expecting that.

What a coughathon it was; going to get interesting now.
Loads of life comments saying : 1 lie = 1 cough ... Didn't count them though
Old Oct 4th 2017, 10:49 pm   #122
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at a few newspapers, I start to feel sorry for Mayhem.
Nobody remembers what she actually said (Sorry, did fall asleep after 5 minutes).All the reports are only about the shambles.

Have this feeling Bojo was behind it all, including the cough...
Old Oct 6th 2017, 11:48 am   #123
BE Forum Addict

And the fighting within the party seems to get worse and worse ...
I thought the conference was supposed to glue them together
Old Oct 7th 2017, 9:16 am   #124
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
And the fighting within the party seems to get worse and worse ...
I thought the conference was supposed to glue them together
Don't you hear the hounds baying for blood ? Right at the beginning I said(.along with others )that the cowards had fled ,knowing what was to come ,they tossed the 'poisoned chalice' to May.
They thought she was a Thatcher lookalike and would row the boat 'manfully' through the storm..Until they would cut her adrift,that is, and take over post Brexit. Poor woman wasn't quite up to it was she.

I thought her moment of collapse came on the Andrew Marr show,where he rather gently badgered her ,and she fumbled for words. Like the Ides of March,she knew what awaited her in Manchester..Ironic place to fall really

They have blamed the rebels on some obscure back bencher,but I agree, Boris needed her to fire him,so that he could stand for PM.She has refused to do that,So.......
GeniB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 9:45 am   #125
BE Enthusiast

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Looking at a few newspapers, I start to feel sorry for Mayhem.
Nobody remembers what she actually said (Sorry, did fall asleep after 5 minutes).All the reports are only about the shambles.

Have this feeling Bojo was behind it all, including the cough...
... Trilby-over-eyes...
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 F.H..mp3 (169.8 KB, 14 views)
Old Oct 7th 2017, 9:49 am   #126
EMR 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Don't you hear the hounds baying for blood ? Right at the beginning I said(.along with others )that the cowards had fled ,knowing what was to come ,they tossed the 'poisoned chalice' to May.
They thought she was a Thatcher lookalike and would row the boat 'manfully' through the storm..Until they would cut her adrift,that is, and take over post Brexit. Poor woman wasn't quite up to it was she.

I thought her moment of collapse came on the Andrew Marr show,where he rather gently badgered her ,and she fumbled for words. Like the Ides of March,she knew what awaited her in Manchester..Ironic place to fall really

They have blamed the rebels on some obscure back bencher,but I agree, Boris needed her to fire him,so that he could stand for PM.She has refused to do that,So.......
I would not bet against her remaining until the next election.
Despite everything that is happening.
No Tory front runner has or will step up and take her on in a leadership competition.
EMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 11:36 am   #127
iano Male
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They thought she was a Thatcher lookalike .
I believe she once did too.

May's robotic persona and 'tough' act (e.g police conference) belie her true character, which is often revealed by her facial expressions and awkwardness when put on the spot.

Can't help thinking that had Thatcher Mk I suffered a coughathon or a pillocks intervention during a speech at Tory Conference, she would have appeared very angry and totally ignored any profferring of cough sweets or P45s with a withering look.
iano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 12:39 pm   #128
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
I believe she once did too.

May's robotic persona and 'tough' act (e.g police conference) belie her true character, which is often revealed by her facial expressions and awkwardness when put on the spot.

Can't help thinking that had Thatcher Mk I suffered a coughathon or a pillocks intervention during a speech at Tory Conference, she would have appeared very angry and totally ignored any profferring of cough sweets or P45s with a withering look.
Well, she seems to be back to : What the country needs is calm leadership and that is what I will do. Didn't she say something like that last year on the steps of Downing Street ?
Steady the ship once again Mayhem ? Maybe strong and stable is next on her agenda again ? Or her famous : bringing the country together ...

Has there ever been a weaker PM ?
Old Oct 7th 2017, 12:42 pm   #129
iano Male
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She's just a very unlucky lady, Annetje.

Spoiler:
iano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 12:45 pm   #130
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
She's just a very unlucky lady, Annetje.

I do sympathize
Old Oct 7th 2017, 1:13 pm   #131
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Apparantly the headline in the Telegraph today is that the EU has given up on May and is now talking to Corbyn..Oh dear.
GeniB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 1:20 pm   #132
Rather sunburnt

Location: Arcos de Valdevez, Portugal. UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve.
Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Apparantly the headline in the Telegraph today is that the EU has given up on May and is now talking to Corbyn..Oh dear.
I've got this tickle in the back of my throat. Might need to resort to a May-style coughing fit shortly.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 1:23 pm   #133
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Blair, Brown, Major, Chamberlin, Heath, Callaghan, Cameron - so probably yes
Garbatellamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 3:10 pm   #134
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
I've got this tickle in the back of my throat. Might need to resort to a May-style coughing fit shortly.
Excuse yourself, go to another room, have a good old cough, come back feeling much better, smile, say sorry for that, and get on with whatever you were doing .....
That's what Mayhem should have done and nobody would have remembered it. In the meantime, the P 45 prankster would have been thrown out and the F would have been put back in place
Old Oct 7th 2017, 3:13 pm   #135
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Blair, Brown, Major, Chamberlin, Heath, Callaghan, Cameron - so probably yes
I think she is the top of the league though

Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!