Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!

Old Sep 6th 2017, 4:59 pm   #31
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tories in chaos

And NOW. the Tories press the 'implode' button.. Putting forward Rees Mogg as the candidate to take over from Theresa May. So far up his own RRR'S that he can barely bring himself to speak. A man of the people.? ..My R's.
GeniB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th 2017, 5:04 pm   #32
Bash the fash

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
And NOW. the Tories press the 'implode' button.. Putting forward Rees Mogg as the candidate to take over from Theresa May. So far up his own RRR'S that he can barely bring himself to speak. A man of the people.? ..My R's.
That's the guy who's really working hard to win the gay vote, right ... ?

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th 2017, 6:22 pm   #33

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
That's the guy who's really working hard to win the gay vote, right ... ?
And more...

Jacob Rees-Mogg 'completely opposed' to abortion - BBC News
Old Sep 6th 2017, 6:27 pm   #34
Bash the fash

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Well, he's obviously got a uterus hidden under those layers of smug self-satisfaction, thus making him an expert in the needs of women everywhere ...

Old Sep 6th 2017, 6:34 pm   #35

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, he's obviously got a uterus hidden under those layers of smug self-satisfaction, thus making him an expert in the needs of women everywhere ...
He also has a nanny.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 6:40 pm   #36
Bash the fash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
He also has a nanny.
Ah, I wonder if he went down the Chris de Burgh route there.

Old Sep 6th 2017, 6:53 pm   #37
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One of the descriptions used of him suggests he has an intimate knowledge of female anatomy........However, he obviously has something (or a very busy milkman).

I'm sure you and I could be confident in the future for the GFA with him in charge - after all, it would be back to dealing with the stereotypes of old! From the Belfast Telegraph:
"Mogg is a roaming Monty Python cameo; all briefcase, flappy legs and simmering patriarchal righteousness. He is a Christopher Guest and Harry Shearer-style riff on how our class system thrives, with his six children furnished with the names of 8th Century saints and Anglo-Saxon bishops.

Rees-Mogg says he has never changed a nappy. In 2014 he went canvassing with his former nanny, Veronica, the woman who used to wipe his own bottom. "Rees-Mogg's a walking, talking caricature of poshness, but Mumsnet could propel him all the way to Number 10 - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
Old Sep 6th 2017, 7:06 pm   #38
Bash the fash

Quote:
Originally Posted by macliam View Post
One of the descriptions used of him suggests he has an intimate knowledge of female anatomy........However, he obviously has something (or a very busy milkman).

I'm sure you and I could be confident in the future for the GFA with him in charge - after all, it would be back to dealing with the stereotypes of old! From the Belfast Telegraph:
"Mogg is a roaming Monty Python cameo; all briefcase, flappy legs and simmering patriarchal righteousness. He is a Christopher Guest and Harry Shearer-style riff on how our class system thrives, with his six children furnished with the names of 8th Century saints and Anglo-Saxon bishops.

Rees-Mogg says he has never changed a nappy. In 2014 he went canvassing with his former nanny, Veronica, the woman who used to wipe his own bottom. "Rees-Mogg's a walking, talking caricature of poshness, but Mumsnet could propel him all the way to Number 10 - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
Given how far they've had their tongue up the arse of the DUP, I was pleasantly surprised by that takedown by the Tele. Though I suppose the Telegraph online is not the same as the Telegraph in print. I did always enjoy the crosswords though, not to mention the coverage of NI sport. Sigh.

I've been uncertain about the future of the GFA ever since the referendum went for Brexit. Can't see that changing any time soon, sadly.

Old Sep 6th 2017, 7:56 pm   #39
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Given how far they've had their tongue up the arse of the DUP, I was pleasantly surprised by that takedown by the Tele. Though I suppose the Telegraph online is not the same as the Telegraph in print. I did always enjoy the crosswords though, not to mention the coverage of NI sport. Sigh.

I've been uncertain about the future of the GFA ever since the referendum went for Brexit. Can't see that changing any time soon, sadly.
Yes, whenever I see the claims of an "open border" and "frictionless trade", I can't help thinking that these are the same people who think you can turn the clock back by leaving the EU. Maybe they think the Republic is going to rejoin the UK, like a Take That reunion!

Statistics, beloved of the Brexiteers, are not in their favour - things have changed and the Republic is doing rather better than the UK - with GDP, GNP and GNI higher and greater spending on education and health (all per capita, of course). After all these years, it's a bit like realising your dad isn't Superman after all!
Old Sep 6th 2017, 7:58 pm   #40
Bash the fash

Quote:
Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Yes, whenever I see the claims of an "open border" and "frictionless trade", I can't help thinking that these are the same people who think you can turn the clock back by leaving the EU. Maybe they think the Republic is going to rejoin the UK, like a Take That reunion!

Statistics, beloved of the Brexiteers, are not in their favour - things have changed and the Republic is doing rather better than the UK - with GDP, GNP and GNI higher and greater spending on education and health (all per capita, of course). After all these years, it's a bit like realising your dad isn't Superman after all!
I'd love to spend a day in the kind of fantasy universe where someone thinks the RoI is going to rejoin the UK, just to see how mental it really is

Old Sep 7th 2017, 5:24 am   #41
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
I've only seen him debate once or twice and if i'm honest I liked him. He came across really well. Posh yes but thats not a crime. he was sensible, grounded and made some decent points. As I say though, I have only seen him speak the once. My mother who's into politics likes him though....
jam25mack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th 2017, 6:31 am   #42
old age pensioner
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
I've only seen him debate once or twice and if i'm honest I liked him. He came across really well. Posh yes but thats not a crime. he was sensible, grounded and made some decent points. As I say though, I have only seen him speak the once. My mother who's into politics likes him though....
The problem I have with him is his attitude to abortion, total ban even if the pregnancy is a result of rape, and also the fact that he is totally against same sex marriages. Tim Fearon found himself in real hot water with less narrow views, but Rees-Mogg, if he became PM would have influence on his party, OK he would be unlikely to get the legislation changed, but the elephant would always be in the room.
mikelincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th 2017, 7:12 am   #43
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
My problem with him is that his views are influenced by his belief in an imaginary being and the rules and teachings of a religion - happens to be the Roman Catholic church in his case.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 7:48 am   #44
iano Male
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

Quite telling isn't it how the Tory rank and file are quietly backing the quirky Victorian pipe cleaner for leader, rather than the erstwhile 'darling of the activists', a once popular character who led the charge and delivered Brexit.
iano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th 2017, 10:43 am   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
My problem with him is that his views are influenced by his belief in an imaginary being and the rules and teachings of a religion - happens to be the Roman Catholic church in his case.
And apparently the giant fairy in the sky who tells him what to do is very keen on deciding who people are allowed to have sex with, and what women should be "allowed" to do after being forced to have sex with someone they didn't want to.

No thanks.

Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!