Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!

Old Jun 17th 2015, 4:15 pm   #16
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Can't really go wrong with crumpet.
Have you ever gone through a divorce with kids
I had lots of fun educating the ones who arrived that its called football and not soccer. As they looked at me with that puzzled look I said what tournament are you coming to watch. The Womens World Cup duh. So who is putting this on and whats its official title. Its the 2015 FIFA Womens World Cup. So what does FIFA stand for DUH.
One woman said to another of our female officers its the US Cup thats why we are here. She then gave her that look that said Typical ****ing American the world doesn't all revolve around your country and stamped her passport. I don't think she said Welcome to Canada though.
Former Lancastrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th 2015, 4:22 pm   #17
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oink View Post
What's it got to do with me? I'm not registered as a Rep or a Dem so I have no vote in any primary. Plus I'm advocating for a wall to keep the septics out from coming up here not the other way round. There were loads of them downtown yesterday, although on positive note it was mostly crumpet.
Oops Lol

Old Jun 17th 2015, 5:13 pm   #18
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's a bit OTT on Obama. His healthcare reforms were an achievement, even if some of the wider changes he promised were hard to deliver. Trump, on the other hand, is a complete chump.
I believe Obama rates very near the top in terms of presidents who actually achieved something positive. Of course if you live in America, then as the elections grow nearer, you're likely to be barraged with 'proof' that utter disaster caused by the evil Obama administration is imminent. Unless of course, you vote for [candidate-x] (not entirely unlike the UK election this year).

Trump? I stand by my odds of 1 in 30 million. He should be sued for wasting people's time on a mass scale.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 5:20 pm   #19
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

He will get in a bit like the Lieberals did here. But no one will admit to voting for him, again like here in On.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 7:29 pm   #20
BE Enthusiast

Jericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a known fact that the candidate who spends the most on the campaign wins the presidential race. It's happened for every election in recent memory.
He has enough money for the trend to continue....

Last edited by Jericho79; Jun 17th 2015 at 7:54 pm.
Jericho79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th 2015, 7:39 pm   #21
Super Moderator

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho79 View Post
It's a known fact that the candidate who spends the most on the campaign wins the presidential race. It's happened for every election in recent memory.
He has enough money to for the trend to continue....
This is true. It's disgusting the amount of money that's spent on elections...not just the General Election either.

Please contact me here if you have any site related problems.
Jerseygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th 2015, 1:30 pm   #22
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed this is a shoe in for Hillary and a years pure comedy from the republican wingnuts, but with the voters down there, it's a scary though. I wonder where Jeb would invade first.

Quote:
Can Canada have one too?
If only we could bar the cultural creep.

Quote:
Its my new Makes You Talk Like an Early 1970s Sitcom app.
I have that. When we have crumpets on a weekend I can't help but tell the kids while they're in the toaster "soon we will be havink crumpet ja?"
Pizzawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th 2015, 4:14 pm   #23
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho79 View Post
He has enough money for the trend to continue....
In the last 2, Obama campaign spent less than the others. In his first election, he didn't accept corporate donations. He got a much of it through grassroots internet campaign donations mainly from average people. $20 here, $200 there $2000 there... You might remember, the republicans were flabbergasted at the amount of money he was raising...
Old Jun 18th 2015, 4:26 pm   #24
Oink Male
Premium Member

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzawheel View Post
Fingers crossed this is a shoe in for Hillary and a years pure comedy from the republican wingnuts, but with the voters down there, it's a scary though. I wonder where Jeb would invade first.

If only we could bar the cultural creep.

I have that. When we have crumpets on a weekend I can't help but tell the kids while they're in the toaster "soon we will be havink crumpet ja?"
Oink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th 2015, 4:59 pm   #25
BE Enthusiast

Jericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
In the last 2, Obama campaign spent less than the others. In his first election, he didn't accept corporate donations. He got a much of it through grassroots internet campaign donations mainly from average people. $20 here, $200 there $2000 there... You might remember, the republicans were flabbergasted at the amount of money he was raising...
Going back to 1980:

1980 Jimmy Carter: $49 million
Ronald Reagan: $57.7 million

Walter Mondale: $66.7 million
Ronald Reagan: $67.5 million

Michael Dukakis: $77.3 million
George H.W. Bush: $80 million

George H.W. Bush: $92.6 million
Bill Clinton: $92.9 million

Bill Clinton: $108.5 million
Bob Dole: $110.2 million

Al Gore: $127.1 million
George W. Bush: $172.1 million

John Kerry: $328.5 million
George W. Bush: $367.2 million

John McCain: $350.1 million
Barack Obama: $745.7 million

And then for the 2012 election: https://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/
Jericho79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th 2015, 5:03 pm   #26
Shard Male
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Almost $1BN on a campaign (Obama '08) that is crazy money.
Shard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th 2015, 5:26 pm   #27
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Where do you keep your kids whilst you're microwaving their crumpet?

Pizzawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th 2015, 5:58 pm   #28
Super Moderator

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Almost $1BN on a campaign (Obama '08) that is crazy money.
It's absolutely disgusting IMO. There should be a cap on the amount a candidate can spend. Typical of the USA though.

Old Jun 18th 2015, 6:02 pm   #29
Shard Male
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
It's absolutely disgusting IMO. There should be a cap on the amount a candidate can spend. Typical of the USA though.
I suppose it's privately donated money, and it gets fed back into the economy. But it does make you think, could that money not have been used to build some schools or something.

Not sure what the UK amount is, but I think it is capped.
Shard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th 2015, 6:35 pm   #30
Super Moderator

Quote:
I suppose it's privately donated money, and it gets fed back into the economy. But it does make you think, could that money not have been used to build some schools or something.

Not sure what the UK amount is, but I think it is capped.
That's one way of looking at it...but at the end of the day it's the candidate who has the most money who is almost guaranteed to win. I hope to gawd it doesn't turn out to be Clinton.

Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!