Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!

Old Mar 13th 2017, 12:46 pm   #91
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU referendum and India (Off topic posts removed from the EU thread) 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
That sounds very ominous. Won't anyone start objecting to it soon or threatening to elect neo-nazis or something?
Why? It is about sport, education, scholarships for study, literature etc etc.
Bipat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th 2017, 1:17 pm   #92
Lost in BE Cyberspace

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU referendum and India (Off topic posts removed from the EU thread) 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
I was not quoting your post, just pointing out my reply to OP.

Why resort to swearing if you can't get all to agree with your way of thinking?
It has nothing to do with getting anyone to agree with my way of thinking at all.

If you're responding to someone else's post in the same post you're quoting me in, quote their post too, or at least name the poster you're responding to.

It's common sense.

Quote:
PM of Malta is in UK ---might interest you, even if countries beyond the borders of EU do not!
He's in the UK today for the Commonwealth Day ceremony attended by many of the Commonwealth's heads of state. Not in his role of President of the EU Council of Ministers.

Malta hosted the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting in Nov 2015, and now holding one of the EU leadership positions, it is well-placed to see the benefits of both organisations. It's one of the few countries who are members of both.
Old Mar 13th 2017, 1:42 pm   #93
Lost in BE Cyberspace

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
We are discussing trade value between 2008 and 2020.
Yes, you claimed that Commonwealth trade will rise to US$ 1T by 2020.

I posted a link showing that Commonwealth trade was worth US$ 4T in 2008. How has the value dropped by US$ 3T over 12 years?

And you also claimed

Quote:
2) As the poster above pointed out trade between UK and Commonwealth changed when UK joined EEC/EU.
No more than it had changed in the 15+ years prior to 1973, as in it continued it's downward trend from around 1958 until around 1985-1990.

Old Mar 13th 2017, 1:43 pm   #94
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It has nothing to do with getting anyone to agree with my way of thinking at all.

1)If you're responding to someone else's post in the same post you're quoting me in, quote their post too, or at least name the poster you're responding to.

It's common sense.

2) He's in the UK today for the Commonwealth Day ceremony attended by many of the Commonwealth's heads of state. Not in his role of President of the EU Council of Ministers.

Malta hosted the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting in Nov 2015, and now holding one of the EU leadership positions, it is well-placed to see the benefits of both organisations. It's one of the few countries who are members of both.
1) You were responding to my reply to the OP (other poster)!
I said "As above poster pointed out---" it was only 4 posts back-!

2) I know what he is here for ---that was in the original link, regarding Commonwealth Day, post 76, have you actually read it ??
Old Mar 13th 2017, 1:46 pm   #95
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Yes, you claimed that Commonwealth trade will rise to US$ 1T by 2020.

I posted a link showing that Commonwealth trade was worth US$ 4T in 2008. How has the value dropped by US$ 3T over 12 years?

And you also claimed

No more than it had changed in the 15+ years prior to 1973, as in it continued it's downward trend from around 1958 until around 1985-1990.

https://getthebrexitfacts.files.word...monwealth2.jpg
I didn't claim anything just posted a link.
Old Mar 13th 2017, 1:58 pm   #96
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
In which post, because it wasn't in this one or any of the ones following it.

Quote:
If someone said that the EU was a remnant of WW2 what would your reply be! Your comment equally foolish.

Apart from other values, trade between the countries projected to be worth
$1 trillion by 2020.
But you're still missing/ignoring the point. In 2008, Commonwealth trade was worth 4x the amount project for 2020 (not accounting for inflation). Why did it drop so much in the last 9 years?
Old Mar 13th 2017, 2:21 pm   #97
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
In which post, because it wasn't in this one or any of the ones following it.

But you're still missing/ignoring the point. In 2008, Commonwealth trade was worth 4x the amount project for 2020 (not accounting for inflation). Why did it drop so much in the last 9 years?

Post 76---I posted that today was Commonwealth Day, along with a link which mentioned trade.
Old Mar 13th 2017, 2:32 pm   #98
EMR 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They are also keen to trade with UK post Brexit.
Unofficial talks going on with India since the referendum result known, although as mentioned in above posts EU is now trying to rekindle the failed deal negotiations with them.
The EU is also opening discussions with the Asean group, while the UK hopes to deal with those "few " commonwealth countries with any potential for buying UK products.
The EU can do a deal with India as soon as both parties reach agreement on outstanding issues , the UK cannot for at least two years if not longer,

There was a brexit supporting commentator on this mornings news who said that reverting to WTO rules would not be such a bad thing for the UK , so much for any possible trade deals.

But then Boris and Fox seem to not be in the same room when policiy is being discussed.
EMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th 2017, 2:52 pm   #99
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Post 76---I posted that today was Commonwealth Day, along with a link which mentioned trade.
Found it. Thanks.

Quote:
The Commonwealth is made up of 52 members spanning six continents with a combined population of around 2.4 billion people, almost half of whom are under 25. The network includes established economies such as Australia, Canada and New Zealand, as well as emerging markets like India, Malaysia, and South Africa, with trade between Commonwealth countries projected to be worth $1 trillion by 2020.
Now here's the thing, the EU has already negotiated a trade agreement with Canada and South Africa, and is preparing to start negotiations with Australia and New Zealand.

A UK-Australia trade agreement done under Commonwealth rules would still violate EU regulations though.
Old Mar 13th 2017, 2:53 pm   #100
EMR 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A link that shows a trade gap not in favour of the UK.

If imports from the EU exceeding UK exports is a bad thing according to brexiters why is it a good thing if it is non EU trade ?
Old Mar 13th 2017, 5:59 pm   #101
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMR View Post
A link that shows a trade gap not in favour of the UK.

If imports from the EU exceeding UK exports is a bad thing according to brexiters why is it a good thing if it is non EU trade ?
You are ignoring investment and job creation which is already happening and will increase Post Brexit.
I put a link a couple of pages back regarding a British food and drink festival lasting a month, not a large volume of exports would come of it but a small beginning of future trade with a vast market!

(You are looking at a different link. I was referring to the link in post 76!)

Last edited by Bipat; Mar 13th 2017 at 6:07 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 7:59 am   #102
EMR 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
You are ignoring investment and job creation which is already happening and will increase Post Brexit.
I put a link a couple of pages back regarding a British food and drink festival lasting a month, not a large volume of exports would come of it but a small beginning of future trade with a vast market!

(You are looking at a different link. I was referring to the link in post 76!)
Buying an existing company is NOT job creation.
Investing in it and creating NEW jobs is so, lets give credit where some is due.
There is no evidence that the investment in the the Uk economy will continure in fact the opposite will apply.
The NEW Jaguar land Rover plans when they come o line will take business away from the UK.
Plants that may lose free access to theire EU markets.
Who ever posted the detailed factua; links ( not just an opinion ) you cannot ignore what the say .
Will the UK export more to India than it imports, that is what really matters.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 10:22 am   #103
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Buying an existing company is NOT job creation.
Investing in it and creating NEW jobs is so, lets give credit where some is due.
There is no evidence that the investment in the the Uk economy will continure in fact the opposite will apply.
The NEW Jaguar land Rover plans when they come o line will take business away from the UK.
Plants that may lose free access to theire EU markets.
Who ever posted the detailed factua; links ( not just an opinion ) you cannot ignore what the say .
Will the UK export more to India than it imports, that is what really matters.
Can you explain why you are always so negative, do you want Post Brexit UK to 'fail'?
It's not just cars!!

India becomes 3rd largest source of FDI into UK as investments increase 65% in 2015: Report - Times of India

Job creation is job creation!
India second largest job creator in UK, says Department of International Trade

Even you cannot deny that there is a vast market /young population/a rapidly increasing middle class -ripe for imported foreign goods.

Look to the future EMR--it's not going to happen over night but will during the next decade.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 11:27 am   #104
EMR 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Can you explain why you are always so negative, do you want Post Brexit UK to 'fail'?
It's not just cars!!

India becomes 3rd largest source of FDI into UK as investments increase 65% in 2015: Report - Times of India

Job creation is job creation!
India second largest job creator in UK, says Department of International Trade

Even you cannot deny that there is a vast market /young population/a rapidly increasing middle class -ripe for imported foreign goods.

Look to the future EMR--it's not going to happen over night but will during the next decade.
I am looking to the future which is why I am not bothered how much
India exports to the UK but the focus should be on what is best for the UK.
I want your middle class to buy products , vehicles etc made in the UK .
It may well take a decade or longer but obviously many brexiters do not care about the pain the UK will have to go through if there is a hard brexit.
Do you care about the UK or NOT, what is your priority.

The big Indian elepkant in the room as far as your constant repetition of levels of Indian investment etc is that ALL this took place when and because we are inthe EU giving those companies free access to the EU market.

Last edited by EMR; Mar 14th 2017 at 11:30 am.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 12:06 pm   #105
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
I am looking to the future which is why I am not bothered how much
India exports to the UK but the focus should be on what is best for the UK.
I want your middle class to buy products , vehicles etc made in the UK .
It may well take a decade or longer but obviously many brexiters do not care about the pain the UK will have to go through if there is a hard brexit.
Do you care about the UK or NOT, what is your priority.

The big Indian elepkant in the room as far as your constant repetition of levels of Indian investment etc is that ALL this took place when and because we are inthe EU giving those companies free access to the EU market.
I care equally about both countries.
The vast middle class market mentioned in my above post, will buy UK products. It's not JUST cars! You seem to be blind to the oportunities!!

Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!