Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!

Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:19 pm   #616
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU referendum and India (Off topic posts removed from the EU thread) 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
The Port Talbot plant has been losing money since before British Steel was privatised in 1988. That was nearly 30 years ago!
My point was that it had continued to lose money since the Tata take-over and that they had planned to sell.
Bipat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:30 pm   #617
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU referendum and India (Off topic posts removed from the EU thread) 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMR View Post
1))Philanthropy, you do make me laugh its, simple capitalism.

2)If you use Express links, you will not be taken seriously.
1) If you care to do some reading you will see that the company was founded on philanthropic principles.

2) I provided another link, are you saying that you don't believe in the existence of AIP??
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 11:29 pm   #618
Lost in BE Cyberspace

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
My point was that it had continued to lose money since the Tata take-over and that they had planned to sell.
Tata knew Port Talbot was a loss-maker when they bought it. It had been under-invested in for so long pre-Tata that it was uneconomical to solve all of the plant's issues.

Shut the plant in stages, and retrain the workers to build wind turbines, solar panels and other renewable energy sources for UK and export. Port Talbot has good road links to Swansea, Cardiff and Avonmouth (Bristol) docks.

Tata had to take Port Talbot plant to get the better-performing parts of the business, but the good parts didn't perform well enough to offset the bad parts. The work done at Port Talbot could be moved to another UK plant.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 8:19 am   #619
EMR 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1) If you care to do some reading you will see that the company was founded on philanthropic principles.

2) I provided another link, are you saying that you don't believe in the existence of AIP??
Rubbish, people do not become multi billionaires based on philanthropy but by being ruthless in the search for profit and personal enrichment.
EMR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 10:05 am   #620
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Rubbish, people do not become multi billionaires based on philanthropy but by being ruthless in the search for profit and personal enrichment.
So how do you explain all those institutions created by Tata money, that I am sure you see every day, as you are so knowledgeable?

http://www.tatasteel.com/corporate/pdf/TCOC.pdf
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 10:15 am   #621
EMR 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So how do you explain all those institutions created by Tata money, that I am sure you see every day, as you are so knowledgeable?

http://www.tatasteel.com/corporate/pdf/TCOC.pdf
The institutions you refer to were created from the profits.
We are not talking about what they do with their money but how they make it.
Capitalists have a history of using their wealth for good purposes but they have to create first.
They do not create that wealth by being philanthropists that comes later.
If Tata did not make a profit it could not fund such institutions.

I will put it a simple way you should understand, if you have no money in your pocket then you cannot give any away can you.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 10:24 am   #622
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
The institutions you refer to were created from the profits.
We are not talking about what they do with their money but how they make it.
Capitalists have a history of using their wealth for good purposes but they have to create first.
They do not create that wealth by being philanthropists that comes later.
If Tata did not make a profit it could not fund such institutions.

I will put it a simple way you should understand, if you have no money in your pocket then you cannot give any away can you
Thank you so much for explaining that to me EMR

Which of the Tata institutions do you think is the most valuable?

(In India many millionaires do absolutely nothing for charity--the tax system is different from UK.)
Old Oct 12th 2017, 4:56 pm   #623
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bringing Aid to the UK from the two big Eastern countries.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/su...110400491.html
Old Oct 12th 2017, 5:01 pm   #624
EMR 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:

We are on, so gratefull and humble.
Hopefully the tourists do not look at the source and manufacturing location of all their souvenirs . MADE IN THE PRO.
Good to see that they are helping the poor Chinese out as well.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 7:45 pm   #625
Lost in BE Cyberspace

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Exactly do they know what nationality someone is?

They could be using the buyer's card issuing country, but doesn't that breach data protection rules? I'd be very interested in seeing the original source data.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 9:28 pm   #626
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Exactly do they know what nationality someone is?

They could be using the buyer's card issuing country, but doesn't that breach data protection rules? I'd be very interested in seeing the original source data.
Presumably the number of tourist visas issued to a particular country--- Home-Office for national statistics.
I cannot think much is spent on cheap souvenirs. From personal knowledge it is mostly clothes.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 9:52 pm   #627
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Presumably the number of tourist visas issued to a particular country--- Home-Office for national statistics.
I cannot think much is spent on cheap souvenirs. From personal knowledge it is mostly clothes.
But that doesn't tell the PR company how many shop in a particular area.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 10:18 pm   #628
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
But that doesn't tell the PR company how many shop in a particular area.
I suppose most tourists spend time in London and in the usual tourist areas for shopping and theatre etc. I believe there are various vouchers which I presume are bought with credit cards --

I don't know how they find out but I do know that tourism from there has increased enormously. Why do you doubt the figures?

Hotels must collect statistics also. Numbers --do they breach data protection rules?

( I also read statistics regarding British tourists in India --!)
Old Oct 12th 2017, 10:20 pm   #629
EMR 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Even if clothes, few if any made in the UK.
Again helping the economies of India, Bangaldesh, Sri Lanka, Cambodia and so on.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 10:30 pm   #630
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Even if clothes, few if any made in the UK.
Again helping the economies of India, Bangaldesh, Sri Lanka, Cambodia and so on.
EMR do you really believe tourists are so stupid as to just buy clothes made in the country they have just travelled from. Also they go for styles and materials different from home styles.

The money they spend goes to the profit of the shops they buy from, and the
jobs of shop workers.
Are you saying that the tourist industry is worthless to the UK?

Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!