Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!

Old Feb 22nd 2017, 9:20 am   #31
Lost in BE Cyberspace

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
And it is the Remainers' who go on--and on about xenophobia.
I would call it ignorance and isolationist inability to look beyond their own little area by some on this thread.
Brexit is going to happen.
Obviously a 'dreadful foreign newspaper' OMG might have the audacity to report on an EU delegation.
For me, it's nothing to with xenophobia and all to do with not giving a shit about whatever the EU is or isn't doing with India.

Am I clear?

It has nothing to do with a future deal with the UK post-Brexit, and any deal with India that involves the UK will cease to apply to trade between the UK and India post-Brexit.

It appears to have only been reported in Indian newspapers, and wouldn't have been reported in the UK media because it's irrelevant to the UK.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 9:56 am   #32
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I pointed out why I thought it might be relevant. By all means disagree with my view on that but why such disapproval because it is a 'foreign' newspaper.

You didn't comment on the second link, deleted from your quote?
Isn't the International Business Times good enough for you either?

Is that any better---Express

YK Sinha: India ready to SCRAP UK foreign aid for 'win-win' Brexit deal | Politics | News | Express.co.uk
Bipat I think inferring DLD is an Express reader is a very harsh he's a bright bloke and I doubt he reads that kind of rag - it is is EMR who often quotes that particular source.
Garbatellamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 10:07 am   #33
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And it is the Remainers' who go on--and on about xenophobia.
I would call it ignorance and isolationist inability to look beyond their own little area by some on this thread.
Brexit is going to happen.
Obviously a 'dreadful foreign newspaper' OMG might have the audacity to report on an EU delegation.

You might find this link interesting--forget it was me that is posting it pretend it is one of EMRs

Brexit an opportunity to 'reset and accentuate' UK-India trade ties says envoy Y.K. Sinha
What a funny thing to say. You've jumped to a rather ridiculous conclusion there. Who said it was dreadful?

You should be careful what you suggest people have said.

Quote:
I pointed out why I thought it might be relevant. By all means disagree with my view on that but why such disapproval because it is a 'foreign' newspaper.

No disapproval of the newspaper, just highlighting the fact it was reported in India, not the UK. I used the BBC as an example purely becuase it was first to pop into my head but I can scour the Guardian or The Daily Mail as well if you want? See how big this story is to the UK readers?

I just saw it as totally pointless and yet another example of you turning everything into a chat about India. If it was about Alaska or Chile or Burma or Oman it would be annoying (by the way, these are other countries which are not India).

It just so happens this time you've been called out on it again so now you're saying I'm xenophobic, ignorant and isolationist. Your logic is zero, your repetitive fawning over one nation with this dreary insistence and continuous steering of conversation towards it is utterly dull. It's boring, it's frustrating, nobody else is remotely interested and now you've cried and played the victim by saying I'm an ignorant, xenophobic isolationist.

What a total waste of time.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 10:29 am   #34
Lost in BE Cyberspace

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Is that any better---Express

YK Sinha: India ready to SCRAP UK foreign aid for 'win-win' Brexit deal | Politics | News | Express.co.uk
I deleted the link you mention from my quote because it wasn't relevant to my reply on the EU-India delegation story. This was the headline of the deleted link;

Quote:
Brexit an opportunity to 'reset and accentuate' UK-India trade ties says envoy Y.K. Sinha
And how the hell is the latest link you posted relevant to my reply? I don't care what country a source came from, it's the content, the relevance of, and the accuracy of that's important.

Here's the EU-India thread. It's got bugger-all to do with a post-Brexit UK-India deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Bipat I think inferring DLD is an Express reader is a very harsh he's a bright bloke and I doubt he reads that kind of rag - it is is EMR who often quotes that particular source.
Correct, I'm not an Express reader.

Dick used to be the most prolific Express linker.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 10:39 am   #35
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
The Express was the first link I found, when I did a quick search, I had assumed International Business Times was unacceptable! I must admit it was somehow made to be more sensational in the Express. The Aid thing is old news.
Bipat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 10:44 am   #36
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
What a funny thing to say. You've jumped to a rather ridiculous conclusion there. Who said it was dreadful?

You should be careful what you suggest people have said.

No disapproval of the newspaper, just highlighting the fact it was reported in India, not the UK. I used the BBC as an example purely becuase it was first to pop into my head but I can scour the Guardian or The Daily Mail as well if you want? See how big this story is to the UK readers?

I just saw it as totally pointless and yet another example of you turning everything into a chat about India. If it was about Alaska or Chile or Burma or Oman it would be annoying (by the way, these are other countries which are not India).

It just so happens this time you've been called out on it again so now you're saying I'm xenophobic, ignorant and isolationist. Your logic is zero, your repetitive fawning over one nation with this dreary insistence and continuous steering of conversation towards it is utterly dull. It's boring, it's frustrating, nobody else is remotely interested and now you've cried and played the victim by saying I'm an ignorant, xenophobic isolationist.

What a total waste of time.
I don't think these countries are major investors, job creators, likely to make a Post Brexit free trade deal with UK are they? EU is not making overtures to them either!
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 10:58 am   #37
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think these countries are major investors, job creators, likely to make a Post Brexit free trade deal with UK are they? EU is not making overtures to them either!
You're a troll.

There simply can't be another explanation.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 11:00 am   #38
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
I deleted the link you mention from my quote because it wasn't relevant to my reply on the EU-India delegation story. This was the headline of the deleted link;

And how the hell is the latest link you posted relevant to my reply? I don't care what country a source came from, it's the content, the relevance of, and the accuracy of that's important.

Here's the EU-India thread. It's got bugger-all to do with a post-Brexit UK-India deal.

The first link I thought was interesting in that the EU making moves towards regenerating discussion about free trade deal, when a Post Brexit deal likely with UK. Maybe India wouldn't bother with UK, if EU was more promising, if you think it's got bugger-all to do with it fine!

All anyone had to say was that!!!!!

The second link did have bugger-all to do with Post Brexit deals

(I agree that the Express tried to sensationalise it, the aid thing is old news stated rather rudely by a previous government official).
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 11:07 am   #39
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh... India is India. The UK is the UK. The EU is the EU. They're all talking to one another. Great.

Anything else?
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 11:32 am   #40
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
The first link I thought was interesting in that the EU making moves towards regenerating discussion about free trade deal, when a Post Brexit deal likely with UK. Maybe India wouldn't bother with UK, if EU was more promising, if you think it's got bugger-all to do with it fine!

All anyone had to say was that!!!!!

The second link did have bugger-all to do with Post Brexit deals

I see you missed the point again. I had been replying to your post on the EU delegation to India, and I said;

Quote:
And how the hell is the latest link you posted relevant to my reply?

It's got bugger-all to do with a post-Brexit UK-India deal.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 1:12 pm   #41
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
How to get anyone to understand! I said it several times--it is/was about Post Brexit deals with the UK---EU is possibly trying to get in again with IXXXA before UK has the chance!!!!!! How is that off topic?

Because whether the EU does a deal with India before, or after the UK does isn't a UK problem. The Uk will or will not make a deal with India. That is a matter for the UK.

India is not the only country the UK will be looking to make a free trade deal with, and it may not even be first in the queue.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 1:28 pm   #42
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Because whether the EU does a deal with India before, or after the UK does isn't a UK problem. The Uk will or will not make a deal with India. That is a matter for the UK.

India is not the only country the UK will be looking to make a free trade deal with, and it may not even be first in the queue.
As others have said deals are two-way, it is not just up to the UK; if (that unmentionable country) makes a good free trade deal with the EU they will probably not alter the present trade deals with the UK. Good for the EU possibly not so good for the UK. They were keen to make a deal with the UK because of the failure with the EU.
Just an opinion --no way of knowing what will actually happen.

(I think UK were keen --the first country where unofficial talks were started, the first that Mrs May visited.)
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 4:09 am   #43
BEVS 
BE Site Lead
Administrator

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
(I think UK were keen --the first country where unofficial talks were started, the first that Mrs May visited.)
Test post only to see if I can quote & also the post remains in correct thread.

edit....

Yes. Is working.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 6:46 am   #44
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Maybe they'll prefer to deal with Pakistan......
jam25mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 8:42 am   #45
Rather sunburnt

Location: Arcos de Valdevez, Portugal. UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve.
Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU referendum and India (Off topic posts removed from the EU thread) 2

Now then.

About that EU / India stalled trade talks business, now it's got its own thread :
Quote:
The EU believes it may stand a better chance of striking a free trade deal with India after the UK leaves the union, despite the importance Britain attaches to trade with its old colony.

A document drawn up by MEPs on the powerful trade committee analysing the impact of Brexit on the EU’s trade talks around the world suggests India’s desire to maintain tariffs on scotch whisky has hindered progress on a EU-India deal.

Theresa May’s opposition to India being given plentiful visa opportunities for its skilled workers in the UK has also been a hurdle in previous trade talks.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...eal-india-meps

Well, well. Fancy that, eh?

The UK was at least partly responsible for the holdup all along on grounds of objections to more skilled worker visas and to Indian tariffs on whisky. Who would have thought it?

Now the UK is not going to be part of the EU any more, of course, they can drop the visa and tariff objections altogether. And the EU should back off from closing their long-awaited stalled deal because India is the UK's.

Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!