Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!

Old Jul 17th 2017, 6:34 pm   #19966
Forum Regular

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMR View Post
The EU already is, the agreement with Canada, close to one with Japan,
Trying to reach agreement with India, getting closer to China.
In F1 language the EU is in pole position while the UK is still in the garage.
As I understand it, the EU won't even consider discussing a deal until the UK agrees -
  1. The future treatment/protection of EU Citizens rights,
  2. The N.I./Eire border issue (and by extension that means the ceding of Gibraltar to Spain,
  3. The size of the divorce bill.
Since the UK can't (or won't) give a coherent position statement, does anyone still believe this will all be wrapped up in the 2 years - even with a further transition period?
007Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th 2017, 6:35 pm   #19967
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMR View Post
The EU already is, the agreement with Canada, close to one with Japan,
Trying to reach agreement with India, getting closer to China.
In F1 language the EU is in pole position while the UK is still in the garage.
The EU is not getting anywhere with their approaches to India so far!!

Did you not read the above link re Canada ready to sign a deal with the UK the day after Brexit?

Obviously the UK cannot sign anything unti Brexit happens.
Bipat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th 2017, 6:36 pm   #19968
Bash the fash

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I'm going to run and hide in the WTF thread so that doesn't happen. I'm happier there anyway.

I can see everyone getting tired before brexit is a reality and just dropping the whole thing.
It's only 30-odd posts away. It'll probably occur during one of the overnight dumpings of 6 pages worth of wank I won't read in the morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
... does anyone still believe this will all be wrapped up in the 2 years - even with a further transition period?
I never believed it would be wrapped up in 2 years at any stage of the shit show.

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th 2017, 6:45 pm   #19969
Not just a red face

Location: Arcos de Valdevez, Portugal. UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve.
Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
Actually, looking back I have you down more as a normal butt-hurt remainer with a side of troll, as opposed to an extreme-remainer. For instance:

Some of your posts have been sensible albeit biased to expect the worst from Brexit, some like above just petty trolling which is beneath you.
Nice bit of concern trolling

I'll put my hand up to trolling the trolls though. They deserve it. I try to keep it humorous where possible and usually manage to avoid being downright rude or abusive to them, unlike they to us.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 6:49 pm   #19970
EMR 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
The EU is not getting anywhere with their approaches to India so far!!

Did you not read the above link re Canada ready to sign a deal with the UK the day after Brexit?

Obviously the UK cannot sign anything unti Brexit happens.
EU has already signed one with Canada, at least three years ahead of the best the UK can achieve.
As for India it will do what it regards as best for it and the UK with its population of just 67 million possible consumers will come a poor second behind the potential the EU offers.
I do not believe anything coming out of our government regarding so called trade deals.
Trump is supposedly going to give us one , a minute after midnight on the day we finally leave .
EMR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th 2017, 7:24 pm   #19971

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post

I'll put my hand up to trolling the trolls though.

I was going to put my hand up also, but then decided that "taking the piss" was a better way of describing what I do, rather than trolling the trolls. There comes a point when there is nothing else left to do.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 7:27 pm   #19972
Lost in BE Cyberspace

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
You running mates are EMR, GeniB, Amiesdeislas, Iano, DaveLovesDee - they are all in the extreme-remainer category

Extreme Remainer

Thanks!

Quote:
in casting wild accusations about what has happened since the referendum and what will happen and attributing them to brexit and ignoring any response and discussion.
Really! I've answered a number of your posts.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Jul 17th 2017 at 7:31 pm.
DaveLovesDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th 2017, 7:37 pm   #19973

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
http://criminal.politifake.org/image...1293725516.jpg

Extreme Remainer

Thanks!

Maybe you live in Zone 2 without being rich, so you don't count?
Old Jul 17th 2017, 7:41 pm   #19974
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They don't inspire confidence in me, no. It's a little difficult to see beyond that but I live in hope, so I keep trying to find some good in some of them. No luck so far, I'm afraid.

Actually, that's not quite true - there is a good side to a lot of them. They're so ruthlessly ambitious about one thing or another that they've forgotten about trying to hide their differences, which will hasten their collective downfall

Can't happen soon enough for me.
you still betting on an October election then?
Garbatellamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th 2017, 7:42 pm   #19975
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nice bit of concern trolling

I'll put my hand up to trolling the trolls though. They deserve it. I try to keep it humorous where possible and usually manage to avoid being downright rude or abusive to them, unlike they to us.
I have found being abusive to a troll elicits exactly the same response as trying to debate him with facts and logic so it seems to make no difference
Garbatellamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th 2017, 7:43 pm   #19976
Bash the fash

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I was going to put my hand up also, but then decided that "taking the piss" was a better way of describing what I do, rather than trolling the trolls. There comes a point when there is nothing else left to do.
When all's said and done, sometimes shitposting is all you've got left.

Old Jul 17th 2017, 8:55 pm   #19977
Not just a red face

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
you still betting on an October election then?
Still? I don't recall mentioning an October election
Old Jul 17th 2017, 9:01 pm   #19978
Not just a red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Extreme Remainer

Thanks!
Quote:
in casting wild accusations about what has happened since the referendum and what will happen and attributing them to brexit and ignoring any response and discussion.
The guy uses phrases like "butt-hurt remainer" and expects to be taken seriously. What's the point of flattering him by doing so?
Old Jul 17th 2017, 9:05 pm   #19979
Bash the fash

Quote:
Still? I don't recall mentioning an October election
Except for just now, when you mentioned not mentioning it

Quote:
The guy uses phrases like "butt-hurt remainer" and expects to be taken seriously. What's the point of flattering him by doing so?
Wank words are making a (not much of a) surprise comeback to the Brexshit thread.

Old Jul 17th 2017, 9:07 pm   #19980
Not just a red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Wank words are making a (not much of a) surprise comeback to the Brexshit thread.
Dead giveaway - you can always tell when they're worried.

Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!