British Expats

British Expats (http://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (http://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (http://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Wol Jun 23rd 2016 12:05 am

Post EU Referendum
 
Posted just after midnight on June 23rd, in the "Leaving the EU thread":

>>I think the biggest question facing us on the eve of the EU referendum, is not who will win, but how long will this thread continue after the votes have been counted?

Perhaps there will be a separate post Brexit thread, it is all in the lap of the gods!<<

Well, folks - 'ere it is!

Lion in Winter Jun 23rd 2016 12:11 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wol (Post 11981060)
Posted just after midnight on June 23rd, in the "Leaving the EU thread":

>>I think the biggest question facing us on the eve of the EU referendum, is not who will win, but how long will this thread continue after the votes have been counted?

Perhaps there will be a separate post Brexit thread, it is all in the lap of the gods!<<

Well, folks - 'ere it is!

Suppose there isn't a Brexit? What thread will we use then?

Wol Jun 23rd 2016 12:27 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 11981064)
Suppose there isn't a Brexit? What thread will we use then?

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn :sneaky:

(Posted on a beautiful, sunny afternoon overlooking an Alaskan glacier. The name calling and innuendos of the three hundred plus pages of the other thread seem a long way away.)

paulry Jun 23rd 2016 1:08 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wol (Post 11981078)
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn :sneaky:

(Posted on a beautiful, sunny afternoon overlooking an Alaskan glacier. The name calling and innuendos of the three hundred plus pages of the other thread seem a long way away.)

:cool: Who is going to be the first name caller on this thread, I wonder.....? :D

Lion in Winter Jun 23rd 2016 3:16 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wol (Post 11981078)
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn :sneaky:

(Posted on a beautiful, sunny afternoon overlooking an Alaskan glacier. The name calling and innuendos of the three hundred plus pages of the other thread seem a long way away.)

Alaska is beautiful.

This thread is unlikely to be so.

Vexcore Jun 23rd 2016 4:06 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Post Brexit? hmmm lets hope lol.

jam25mack Jun 23rd 2016 6:09 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 11981109)
:cool: Who is going to be the first name caller on this thread, I wonder.....? :D

Me!

You're all dicks!

Seriously though, regretting not registering! Its going to be an interesting day!

Fredbargate Jun 23rd 2016 6:26 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
This is stupid

We all know that the world will end immediately the counting is finished

So there cannot be a post brexit

paulry Jun 23rd 2016 6:42 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 11981270)
Me!

You're all dicks!

Seriously though, regretting not registering! Its going to be an interesting day!

At least dicks are useful - unlike that EU shower of shite! :D

My wife and I registered but our postal voting slips haven't arrived. We're annoyed that we have been deprived of our vote but hopefully I've helped make the difference for those who do get to vote. :fingerscrossed::britflag:

Yep. it certainly is going to be an interesting day and a bit. Possibly one of the most important decisions that Britons will ever collectively make.

mikelincs Jun 23rd 2016 7:05 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 11981288)
At least dicks are useful - unlike that EU shower of shite! :D

My wife and I registered but our postal voting slips haven't arrived. We're annoyed that we have been deprived of our vote but hopefully I've helped make the difference for those who do get to vote. :fingerscrossed::britflag:

Yep. it certainly is going to be an interesting day and a bit. Possibly one of the most important decisions that Britons will ever collectively make.

Certainly made a difference for me, persuaded that I would vote 'stay' just to annoy you. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

amideislas Jun 23rd 2016 7:50 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Latest polls suggest it will likely be a rather uninteresting day. No takeover by the far right, no crash of sterling (actually a bit of a recovery), and a sigh of relief for many. Carry on...

Red Eric Jun 23rd 2016 7:50 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 11981185)
Alaska is beautiful.

This thread is unlikely to be so.

Then again, Alaska isn't short.

However, assuming this thread doesn't stray off-topic it is likely to be. Possibly too short even for Godwin's Law to be invoked but time will tell.

Bipat Jun 23rd 2016 9:21 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Just read this in a local paper.

Look at the top photo.
Whether in or out we will still have a shared aim with our closest Commonwealth partner-----the manufacture of umbrellas! :lol:

Polls open in UK's historic 'Brexit' referendum

paulry Jun 23rd 2016 11:01 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
The interesting thing about these predicted poll percentages is almost without exception all the online polls that I have seen suggest significantly higher support for Brexit than remain - yet the non online ones claim that the two sides are neck and neck.

EU referendum recap: Remain wins back the lead over Brexit in final two polls before historic vote - Mirror Online

iano Jun 23rd 2016 11:13 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Remain to win by one vote, pullring. :lol:

You heard it here first.


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:33 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com