Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!

Old Oct 2nd 2017, 8:03 pm   #16
Rather sunburnt

Location: Arcos de Valdevez, Portugal. UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve.
Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which living person has done most to destroy the natural world and the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Explain Red Eric..?
It was a pun.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:31 pm   #17
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which living person has done most to destroy the natural world and the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMR View Post
Do you think that a suspected terrorist should not have their internet or written communications monitored.
How do you think that the security forces have been able to squash so many plots.
I am not or have never been so naive as to believe that we do not live in a society where anyone of us can become a " person of interest ".
What I believe or don't believe here is immaterial. Its about our perceived ideas' about our democracy , our right to privacy,and the ability of Government to work above the law without any need to answer to anyone.
You see you are totally believing the story(?) about plots? How do you know there were any? Before you say it.. I am not a conspiracy theorist. but I do know about the totally secret Bilderburg conference.for instance . Why are we not allowed to know about ti's function? ,or any of the world leaders,movers and shakers who make up its council.?
What if you become that 'suspected terrorist' because of something innocent that you did,some email that you sent.? You do know that your trial would be held in absolute secrecy.Even your lawyer would not be allowed to be present in court.
I just think there's an awful lot we don't know about the workings of our own Government,and what they do and have done in our name.
GeniB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:33 pm   #18
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
It was a pun.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 11:17 pm   #19
Premium Member

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You see you are totally believing the story(?) about plots? How do you know there were any? Before you say it.. I am not a conspiracy theorist. but I do know about the totally secret Bilderburg conference.for instance . Why are we not allowed to know about ti's function? ,or any of the world leaders,movers and shakers who make up its council.?
Err, the "totally secret" Bilderberg conference that every man and his dog knows about and whose list of participants has its own Wikipedia page? Hardly the stuff of shadow government.
BritInParis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 2:31 am   #20
Wol Male
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Spell it out for him, Eric
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 8:39 am   #21
EMR 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What I believe or don't believe here is immaterial. Its about our perceived ideas' about our democracy , our right to privacy,and the ability of Government to work above the law without any need to answer to anyone.
What if you become that 'suspected terrorist' because of something innocent that you did,some email that you sent.? You do know that your trial would be held in absolute secrecy.Even your lawyer would not be allowed to be present in court.
I just think there's an awful lot we don't know about the workings of our own Government,and what they do and have done in our name.
Maybe it's because I am not paranoid, I know they are out to get me.
EMR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 2:19 pm   #22
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
Err, the "totally secret" Bilderberg conference that every man and his dog knows about and whose list of participants has its own Wikipedia page? Hardly the stuff of shadow government.
No journalists allowed to report on its agenda .Every man and his dog does not know about it? .Only in recent times has it been forced out of hiding. Still a pretty secret organisation
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 2:20 pm   #23
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Maybe it's because I am not paranoid, I know they are out to get me.
Thats a very old cheese EMR
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 2:45 pm   #24
Rather sunburnt

Location: Arcos de Valdevez, Portugal. UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve.
Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe a glossary would help?
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 3:42 pm   #25
EMR 
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thats a very old cheese EMR
So are most of your claims.
EMR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 10:38 pm   #26
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
So are most of your claims.
Tsk tsk EMR don't go pissy on me as well as everyone else.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 10:41 pm   #27
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

Notice how only the OP has really answered the question.

I don't think you can put it down to only one person though. My answer would be no one

Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!